Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 01-05-2014

Default 1s lipos

Is there anything in the nationals rules that say you can't use 1s lipos? I can't use my micro lipos at my regular club.
Old 01-05-2014

The rules state that lipos must be maximum of 7.4v nominal and 4.2v per cell maximum when charged. So nothing to rule out using 1s I can see. You might be a bit under gunned tho using the same motors as someone using 2s.
Couldn't you politely steer your club officials towards the BRCA micro section construction rules? Is it non hard case lipos that are the problem? There are some suitable hard cases that fit in some of the micro buggies
Old 01-05-2014

nah, been down that road before and know it's not going to happen. Power or speed has never really been the issue for my car, not being able to setup and practice has been. I need to run the same equipment at club that I plan to at nationals so I can just turn up at a national with my car ready to go. Might have to change some electrics and see if I can find a sensored micro brushless motor though, so if anyone has any suggestions on motors (I think someone mentioned the Novak is, on a different thread).

Thanks btw