Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 18-04-2007
Mad Member

RC Champ are the best, dirt cheap and mega fast delivery.
Old 18-04-2007
Administrator

Can we keep it on-topic guys?

I do like that new shell but it's a bit close to the bj4we shell I have to say.
Old 18-04-2007
Mad Member

I've ordered it from champ along with a few other bit n bobs but they are now closed until the 20th. I'm not sure how good it looks from the pics but it's worth a punt.
Old 18-04-2007

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post

I do like that new shell but it's a bit close to the bj4we shell I have to say.
Definetly jimmy, the first time i looked at it i thought cragg was running a BJ4 lol
Old 18-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

i have noticed also that the hotbodies shell is based on the bj4we aswell. .

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 18-04-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattym0310 View Post
i have noticed also that the hotbodies shell is based on the bj4we aswell. .
Isn't the whole car?
Old 18-04-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

haha! yeah it is, looks exactly the same, jjust blacker and maybe with abit of purple instead of blue :S i wonder if they drive the same?

anyway back to subject, like jimmy said. anyone taken their BXfactorys out for runs yet?? anyone got piccys??

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 18-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I can also see

Pre assembled hardened drive shafts.

Front suspension brace is different.

Front diff is one way.

Rear turnbuckles are a different length.

I saw mention of a rear belt tensioner leading up to release, but I cant see it in the manual ?
its on the parts list: BX-RBT

is it the same manual and setup sheet?
Old 19-04-2007

these pics show the rear shocks mounted behind the rear shock tower and the towers look extra thick....however, masami's car has the rear shocks mounted on the front of his thinner rear shock tower.

anyone have any info on this? which one is included in new kit?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (126.1 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (135.1 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (126.8 KB, 183 views)
Old 19-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4times View Post
these pics show the rear shocks mounted behind the rear shock tower and the towers look extra thick....however, masami's car has the rear shocks mounted on the front of his thinner rear shock tower.

anyone have any info on this? which one is included in new kit?
masami runs the standard tower which according to the parts list is in the factory version. the other tower is a custom made tower i believe is japanese. the tower is mounted on the front of the bulkhead as they are running a non-standard rear top plate which has the belt going under the plate. the top plate mounts further back on the bulkhead for strength.

well that's how i think it works anyway.
Old 19-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummy View Post
its on the parts list: BX-RBT

is it the same manual and setup sheet?
thats so weird, I looked at that bloody drawing so hard and couldnt see it, now youv'e said I saw it in about 10 secs ! Cheers.

So it does have the rear belt tensioner.

Heres a pic of the setup sheet.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...-4BXFsetup.jpg

Also, as dummy just confirmed, the factory kit uses the standard shock tower with the shocks on the front.

I also noticed Masami running the original shell at Cactus even though they used a new one in his colour scheme on the promo shots. Another discrepancy would also be the anti roll bars on the promo shots, no ARB's in the factory kit.
Old 19-04-2007
Mad Member

Billy Eastons BX has run the belt under the top deck for quite a while now. It seems, initially, quite easy to copy his rear shocks set up? If Masami is running the standard rear set up and the Americans the modified version which was offering the best grip at the Cactus, anyone know?

The set up sheet is the same.
Old 20-04-2007

Notice also the other two cars have a new upper camber link plate at the front. I saw these on some Japanese cars way back at the worlds warmup. Would like a body off pic, but assume none available?
Those towers are mega thick on the American (?) version(s).
But Masami was still fastest Yokomo with a 'standard' looking factory kit and old shell?
Notice pics of Neil C's car from Tivvy had Bradders parts (chassis, towers etc) but gone back to Yokomo Shocks.
I really wish we could get more factory support of what the heck is going on with the car, whether it is officially better with the rear camber mod, new towers and shock positions etc.
I mean, has it's best result been the Italy worlds where essentially it was a standard setup (from what we can gather), with the rock hard black springs? Cragg looks like he hasn't had too much luck with it since then. And obviously Lee M was not happy about it... What can be said is the Yokomo's perhaps didn't break as much as some other cars, looking at the races cut short by breakages at Cactus.

Rant over, sorry...

I would like to know what parts I should upgrade from the standard original car to make it better, so please let us know what you think of the new version guys.
Old 20-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Notice also the other two cars have a new upper camber link plate at the front. I saw these on some Japanese cars way back at the worlds warmup. Would like a body off pic, but assume none available?
Those towers are mega thick on the American (?) version(s).
But Masami was still fastest Yokomo with a 'standard' looking factory kit and old shell?
Notice pics of Neil C's car from Tivvy had Bradders parts (chassis, towers etc) but gone back to Yokomo Shocks.
I really wish we could get more factory support of what the heck is going on with the car, whether it is officially better with the rear camber mod, new towers and shock positions etc.
I mean, has it's best result been the Italy worlds where essentially it was a standard setup (from what we can gather), with the rock hard black springs? Cragg looks like he hasn't had too much luck with it since then. And obviously Lee M was not happy about it... What can be said is the Yokomo's perhaps didn't break as much as some other cars, looking at the races cut short by breakages at Cactus.

Rant over, sorry...

I would like to know what parts I should upgrade from the standard original car to make it better, so please let us know what you think of the new version guys.
i'm assuming the mega thick rear tower has the same geometry as the original. i think you get a similar effect running longer shafts on the lower holes as running 'bradders' tower with longer shafts on the top outer hole.
Old 20-04-2007
Mad Member

The one piece chassis lowers the rear diff by approximately 3mm. I'm thinking of trying the two piece again for a bit of a comparison.
Old 20-04-2007
Mad Member

The team drivers were instructed to run the Yokomo shocks rather than Associated ones probably because of the upcoming Worlds they want a full Yoke running and not with other manufacturers bits on?
Old 20-04-2007

For the shocks, like other drivers, I've try the two ( asso and yok ).
Naturaly, they are different, the asso are more smoother, I think because of the O rings, shaft and O ring are free...the yok less...I'm sure you have note it on track...
Now, for the choice of UK Yok drivers, I'm sure it's to get the car 100% yokomo...
Old 20-04-2007
Mad Member

The Yoke shocks are as good as the Assoc ones as long as you regularly change the O rings.
Old 21-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilD View Post
Billy Eastons BX has run the belt under the top deck for quite a while now. It seems, initially, quite easy to copy his rear shocks set up? If Masami is running the standard rear set up and the Americans the modified version which was offering the best grip at the Cactus, anyone know?

The set up sheet is the same.
Looking at the "new rear shock position" it looks like they mounted a rear shock tower on the back side of the biff housing as well as leaving one on the front, then just mounting the shock tower onto the rear one?

Old 21-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilD View Post
The Yoke shocks are as good as the Assoc ones as long as you regularly change the O rings.
Yes they are good, but they don't have the same size...yok are thicker and their inside diameter is smaller... Try one day with new Yok and Asso Orings with a shaft on hand...