Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 09-03-2012

Default hello im new in gateshead

hello im new to the r/c scene,long story short been off the fags for 1 month and needed something to take my mind off smoking so got myself a 1/10th lazer zx5 to mess around with its just standard with the standard g20 motor which is ok but looking to maybe upgrade to something better got a budget of about £150 so if anybody has any advice on what stuff to use and were to go that would great im in the whickham area many thanks
Old 09-03-2012

hello mate im in felling i run 1/10 buggies at seaham on a sunday night and tynemet college on a monday night, get yourself along, also new outdoor track being built just off felling by pass

paul
Old 09-03-2012

hi mate not a clue were any of those are lol what sort of buggy will i need as feel a bit daft running my lazer zx5 but would really like to upgrade it and keep it
Old 09-03-2012

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

loads of info and banter about seaham (jarrow) in the link, best thing to do is come along with what you have and have a look/talk/mess around with what you have.

tyne met dont have a forum on here but talk about there stuff in the north east section

here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64462

they is also bentfield club that run on a friday night at the school
Old 09-03-2012

seaham is past sunderland off the A19, tynemet is on the coast road heading towards tynemouth, race with anything and enjoy yourself first i did, now im running a B44.
Old 09-03-2012

seaham would be to far i think but tynemouth would be ok,what setup do the guys run just looked at the vids on youtube and think they brushless.if i was to buy a brushless setup what type of motor would i need to keep up with the guys 5t,9t,12t 13t there is loads lol
Old 09-03-2012

we run with schumacher full spikes (yellow) tyres, ye these days brushless is the way to go, i run 8.5t and im crap ...sometimes get beat off brushed cars just get some tyres and run ye lazer
Old 10-03-2012
Mad Member

The laser is a very good car mate.
As others have said pop along to either tyne met or Seaham clubs and ask some questions all members from both are all very friendly, and are always willing to help.
Don't worry about the speed of your car just focus on not crashing then work on going quicker.
If you need any info on Tyne met call Phills models in north shields on 01912728443 and ask for Gary (he's the treasurer of the club)
Hope you get on the track soon at either Tyne met or Seaham, and hope you enjoy it.