Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 13-12-2010

Default Mardave electrics

Hi all

Just wondered, would a 1s lipo set up be better for the mardaves?

Many Thanks
Old 13-12-2010

It does work better than 2s lipo's
But 4cell nimh is way better as it was designed for them.

Make shure if you do use 1s lipo you get a little weight back or more rear end grip
Old 13-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
It does work better than 2s lipo's
But 4cell nimh is way better as it was designed for them.

Make shure if you do use 1s lipo you get a little weight back or more rear end grip
Cheers for reply

My Mardave's coming with a nimhs setup, so sounds like that could be fine. Do need to check with Medway Maritime to see what the specs for Mardaves are tho.
Old 13-12-2010

Cool those two clubs are spot on buddy
Shame i live to far up north like!
Old 13-12-2010

Medway Maritime is actually even closer to me than what me oudoor track is (EPR)

Looking forward to heading down there once me car gets to me and xmas festivities have subsided. Also looking forward to snow no longer affecting me rc hobbying....well other than icy roads to get to the indoor track that is
Old 13-12-2010

There is an Oval Mardave club just down the road from Maritime, its run by Andy Nash, you should be able to find details on the BRCA web site.
Old 13-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
There is an Oval Mardave club just down the road from Maritime, its run by Andy Nash, you should be able to find details on the BRCA web site.

Cool, cheers for this, didn't know there were more tracks near to me, will give it a looksey......once i've pit the shopping away
Old 14-12-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to westie

1 cell would work, but would be quite slow with a brushed motor, it would probly be ok with a burshless set up, mardaves do need weight to stay on the track tho

westw00d
Old 14-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie View Post
1 cell would work, but would be quite slow with a brushed motor, it would probly be ok with a burshless set up, mardaves do need weight to stay on the track tho

westw00d

Was mainly asking as have a spare hobbywing 35a 9T combi lying around now the b44's gone, so was thinking about putting this into me dave when it gets gere later this week.

I'd thought my esc would be too powerful for the dave until I saw the pic of one with a castle creations 5700kn innit over in photo's section.

Am looking forward to getting to the track tho to see how it differs from other cars i've used in recent months

Are there special weights available for the daves's?
Old 14-12-2010

i run 1s and 10.5 with a bit of esc timming added and seems to go well compared to 4cell stock, alough there are others at the club with a lot quicker cars "cornish boy" and all the other 2s guys.
Old 14-12-2010

Default Just got club rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhaye View Post
i run 1s and 10.5 with a bit of esc timming added and seems to go well compared to 4cell stock, alough there are others at the club with a lot quicker cars "cornish boy" and all the other 2s guys.
Just got the club race specs for maritime and is no motors less than 20t, no brushless motors, any esc, any 4-6 nimhs and 1s or 2s lipo.

Well annoyed tho, as just sold on the bay my tamiya super stock rz 23t motor, was told it was a v good motor, alas I had no need for it....until now
Old 14-12-2010

the usual at our club is now 13.5 brushless with 1 cell lipo. very similar speeds to a g2 and 4 cell nimh. brushless setup does have lot more corner speed due to less weight and slighty more punch. me and nathan waters was running 1 cell lipo and 6.5 for a while till the touring cars started getting annoyed when we kept winning there A final. did try a 5.5 novak light for a while but lap times dropped funnily enough
Old 14-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post
Just got the club race specs for maritime and is no motors less than 20t, no brushless motors, any esc, any 4-6 nimhs and 1s or 2s lipo.

Well annoyed tho, as just sold on the bay my tamiya super stock rz 23t motor, was told it was a v good motor, alas I had no need for it....until now

Just wondering if anyone else out there has specs like this and moreso what set up your using? Need to think of brushed set up again
Old 17-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattJT View Post

Well we at HRCC have no limits, as we just want peeps to have 'FUN' so if you can make it to ours on a Friday, then please do, and your first nights racing is free

Cheers Malc
Old 17-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim29 View Post
Well we at HRCC have no limits, as we just want peeps to have 'FUN' so if you can make it to ours on a Friday, then please do, and your first nights racing is free

Cheers Malc

Hi Malc

sorry mate, where's HRCC?

cheers
matt

edit: found you on good ol google......Hertford would be a little bit of a drive for me
Old 17-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is there anybody out there using the mardave brushless combo with a single cell lipo with either the mardave or novak step-up ? And does it work. I would like to find out the pro's and con's.
Old 17-01-2011

personaly i would stay away from mktroniks stuff and would pitty those who does buy it, nothing but problems tbo. much better stuff out there to buy for not much more money :-)
Old 17-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhaye View Post
personaly i would stay away from mktroniks stuff and would pitty those who does buy it, nothing but problems tbo. much better stuff out there to buy for not much more money :-)

Hi Ian, I did end up getting a mtroniks for one of my mini's as seemed quite "ok" for the money....

.....what escs would fall into the not much more money but alot better bracket? (as have still only got the original mtroniks in the mardave which needs upgrading?)
Old 18-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
Is there anybody out there using the mardave brushless combo with a single cell lipo with either the mardave or novak step-up ? And does it work. I would like to find out the pro's and con's.
Chap at Neston does, cant remember his name.

His shell is totally yellow and usually sits in the middle at the front.

Pretty sure he has a single cell lipo and brushless.

he has said previous the pros are that once it is charged it can be left, unlike Nimh that needs charging on the day, and seem to recall that 1 lipo could be used for 1 nights racing at a stretch, whereas a normal battery would probably be 2 heats safe, with the 3rd likely to run the battery empty.

cons : the step-up means more wires and gubbins in an already packed chassis.

Also the car is on the pace of the rest of the B final regulars IIRC so there isnt much if any performance difference.

http://mardaveforums.com/