Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 03-01-2011

Default Brushless system

Hi,

I am looking at putting a 13.5turn brushless system running off a 1s 4500mah 45C lipo into my mardave but am looking of a bit of help and understanding of the brushless systems out on the market at present.
What should i look fo in the motor as the mardave are light should i look at getting the highest KV possible against the highest power rating (for example the lrp x12 has 241watts and 3050Kv where as the tekin redline has 201watts and 3500Kv)
For the esc should i look at getting the highest possible current rating! and how do i match the current rating required by the motor to the esc!!
I have to currenlty run a smart booster but I see that most new esc have a bec does this then mean that i will not need to run the smart booster!!

Thanks for the advice in advance
Old 03-01-2011

I and a few others have been looking into the Brushless Daves, i think they still governed by certain rules, if you have a look on the Mardave website theres a speedo motor combo available on there including the programing card, also lipo and voltage booster for the reciever etc.
hopefully someone can shed some more light on this?

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I and a few others have been looking into the Brushless Daves, i think they still governed by certain rules, if you have a look on the Mardave website theres a speedo motor combo available on there including the programing card, also lipo and voltage booster for the reciever etc.
hopefully someone can shed some more light on this?
Well, I know that the three local clubs to me, do not allow brushless motors, although they do allow brushless speedo's.

In effect you can have a 20t and above brushed motor, running on nicad/nimhs or 2s Lipo.

Worth checking your local race venue to see what rules they follow
Old 03-01-2011

Thanks for the reply sheepdog,
yeah some of the guys at the club and at the scottish champ run the mtroniks combo but the motor is senerloss which causes some problems. Thats way I am now needing to look into brushless system as I'm still on brushed and everyone else has gone to 13.5t brushless systems.
For the motor I was looking into running the Tekin, lrp x12 (nosram x12 seems the same), or the novaks ss pro or ballistic.
Don't really now esc wise but like the look of these esc down to what the output figures of them: - between SP gt2.1, lrp spx super reverse, novak kinetic or Novak GTB2.

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 03-01-2011

Hi sheepdog

I think you know me?

Yea brushless is good in a mardave when you get it right.

The main brushless classes around in the midlands seem to be 13.5t brushless on a 1s lipo for the big tracks ie ardent and hinckley ect.

For smaller tracks like bedworth and DDMCR they seem to have an open class both which is great, as anything goes

The mardave brushless is great if you get it set up correctley and know what your doing.

It rearly depends on what you want to do rearly

If you want brushless go 13.5t 1s lipo

If you want to play in the big heats go 4cell brushed.

I make a g2 motor last 13ish meetings in both my cars.

cheers
Old 05-01-2011

Don't get caught up on power figures for motor's, manufacturers can claim whatever the hell they like as the Kv value for there motor as there is no set standard in which the measurements are made. Any 13.5 turn motor will do in a mardave on 1S, you don't have to spend a fortune, I'd recommend the Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman V2 motors about £45.

As for speedo's if your not wanting to wait on the deal I already told you about then anything that can do 0' timing and has reverse will do. Again nothing fancy is required and you don't have to break the bank. There is practically sod all difference between the £50 LRP AI esc I used and Johns £200+ GM on the stock profile.
Old 06-01-2011

Hi stoxs, yep we do lol! Looking at set up etc like you said stox it's gotta be spot on with brushless. Inadvertently it's a 12th pan car.
As for speedo choice I purchased a second hand losi Xeloron system from a fellow racer for my SC10 on here and it works great, especially with the programming card making adjustments really easy trackside, very similar to the speed Passions set up.
Ideally we'd all have the top of the range expensive stuff but with 'Daves' it's alot more to do with driver ability. So Dunc, find ya self the middle of the road and go race, I would say above all your batteries are the main place to spend ya pennies :-)
Old 06-01-2011

the brushless setup mardave sells is good, expensive, but one benefit is IIRC 2 years warranty and also you can program the settings, so depending on the course you can have 70% power so it performs similar to brushed motors, and if the track is open and fast you can up it so you then get the speed difference.

http://mardaveforums.com/
Old 16-01-2011

You can buy a kit from the GB importer of Hobby Wing which has a 13.5 BL motor (copy of a Novak motor) a BL esc with 1.1 HW firmware on it. It also has the setup box with it, all this for £80.
Cheers Malc