Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 25-01-2011

Default springs ??????

what are the most used springs? having only the vrx soft,medium,hard springs for both front and rear to choose from, wot ones where?
tyre wise: jap 46 on the front and medium pinks on the rear.
ive seen some daves with yellow/red springs on the front, but have no idea what they are? a good starting point would be great.
also do any of you use the ride height adjustment via the long grub screws in the rear pod?
im running a 2s lipo down the centre of the chassis, with the servo flipped over. there are two ways of doing the servo. version 1 is as the picture. version 2 puts the servo next to the wishbone, giving you equal steering rod lengths. your thoughts please gentlemen.

Old 26-01-2011

I ran a VRX kit (and won every championship I entered with it ). Always ran the hardest springs on the front and varied the rear with track condition. I generally tried to run the hardest springs on the rear as it keeps the car flatter during cornering, but if the track is bumpy a softer spring will ride these better and be quicker overall.

That was with pink med rear and jap med front, which is similar to what you've got. Full additive on the rear and none on the front.

The grub screws on the rear shouldn't be used to adjust ride height, use the nuts on the springs for that. The grub screws are used to adjust droop. Generally our carpet was quite bumpy so I used maximum droop (even on new tyres) and just used the grub screws to make sure it was even left to right.
Old 26-01-2011

Smile

i would run servo in place of the picture with dif rod lengths, as your steering wont be equal lengths so wont wheels wont turn the same in sink in ether direction, you need to get the servo arm center of the chasis to make it work properly
Old 28-01-2011

I hope this ok with oople,

Cheers Malc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00281-20110124-1944.jpg (39.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 28-01-2011

under the bumper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00289-20110124-1946 (1).jpg (34.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 28-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim29 View Post
under the bumper
Dont forget to replace the bumper or your servo is in for a hammering

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10