Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 23-02-2014

Default Emb 1 diff issue?

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to all micro kit and decided to start with an emb1. The last time I had any rc kit was the boomerang from tamiya and the club 10 cougar..

I have the kit version and have put in a 12t motor and the problem at the moment is when putting little power on there is a clicking sound like the motor is missing the spur

but when looking it's not.. All the prop still moves but seems like it's missing from in the rear diff.. Are there updated versions of the plastic one?

Or am I going mad?

Thanks in advance
Old 23-02-2014

I haven't got the instructions fo mine in front of me but is there any shims between the bearings and the output cog that mates to the diff?
Old 23-02-2014

I'm not sure I need to take it apart again.. Just seems to slip but when on full power it does not slip..

I'll have a look and report back
Old 24-02-2014

Its a pretty bullet proof gearbox to be honest .. the stock diff parts are the only ones you can get and work perfectly as long as all the little gears are built in the right place ... Have a good look and make sure everything is meshing OK, make sure the diffs are in the correct way round, in some cars its possible to put them in back to front !! I don't really know what you mean by a 12t motor, the kit Schumacher motor is 5000ish KV motor and works really, I'd fit the largest of the supplied pinions and that might help if you are having pinion/spur meshing issues. The kit spur isn't brilliant but works well enough, one from RW racing will mesh a little quieter tho ...
Old 28-02-2014

4500 kv is the emb motor si, and if memory serves me right 12 turn motor is 7800 kv