Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-10-2008

Default CAT Suspension

The suspension on this car is a ton different than I am used to. How do you go about making changes on this and what will they do? I want to have a good understanding so when people see how great this car is and buy one I can help out locally.
Old 15-10-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Hello,

you can change the pistons from a 3 hole to a 2 hole which will change how much pack the shocks have. Shock oil can be changed to make the shocks softer/ harder which will change the handling of the car like the roll and stuff and how it goes over bump. The ball cups can be changed to change the droop and stuff.
Ill let someone check my first so dont quote me on anything Im still learning about stuff aswell.

Ben
Old 15-10-2008
Lee-Mag

Do you use much of this "stuff" ??

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 15-10-2008

What about this washer system for everything?
Old 15-10-2008

The so called washer system is essentially a way to provide all the adjustments that most of the current top end buggys, tourers, rallyX cars have available to them without the need to have multiple different option parts in your spares box. Instead of having 6 different toe in blocks you just alter the number of washers to give the desired setting thus saving you money.

The only problem with the system is how easy it becomes to get lost in the variety of adjustments, especially if you make multiple changes at the same time.

Inner ball stud height, inboard toe, anti squat & inner hinge pin height have the same effect as on all cars.

There is only 1 setting on the car that isn't widely available on most other cars and that is the ability to alter the track. from limited testing i would say that narrow=more agile but on edge, wide = stable but less responsive.

As to how much of this stuff people will actually adjust only time will tell but i suspect there will be lots of changes by most people for the first few months until they find a base setup to suit their driving style, from there on it'll be like any other car with only minor changes to oils, springs and shock location to suit different tracks.