Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2020

Default Thinking of re-starting

Hi all,
I am thinking about getting back into the hobby after a good 9 years away and was hoping for a little direction with regards to the club. I used to do 1:10 touring cars at Barley Mow but in honesty I went too fast, bought too much, broke things easily and it stopped being fun as I was constantly waiting on parts. I wanted initially to do the Buggies over Seaham but the travel was a pain – Nissan is easier however.
I know this is the same club, but was wondering what people typically run / what would be good to get started in. Do you have a "slower round" where the not-so-fast cars take part? Is everything brushless or do you have brushed rounds for new starters? Is there differences in rounds between buggies / truggies (do you run them?) etc.
I’m not too fussed at present on 2WD or 4WD – mostly just getting my legs under me so I would be starting cheap – something like a FTX. Unlike 9 years ago, I have a 3 year old eating up all my money
What else would I need. I know the website said I would need to table and extension cord, but what about things like a transponder? Is there a certain type these days to use? Again – my knowledge is old!
Finally, how does the club work? I see an annual membership post but is there an insurance of sorts? Annual payments etc?
Any advice much appreciated.