Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 20-09-2016

Default Yz4 idler issues

Hi
What is the problem with the idler gear and is there anything one it way to replace?
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I broke a front one once, at a club meeting. Marc Reinhard broke a rear one at EOS. If something breaks it gets swapped, no biggie. Parts on all cars break from time to time.

No one is running AE parts, as has been claimed elsewhere, but if they did, good for them. I don't even know if it fits?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
AE fits and they were running them at the EOS due to the Yokomo ones not holding up.

Bent
Not to my knowledge, the top table team were not. If someone else was at the meeting then then good for them.
Lee was running AE ball cups on both cars after having some yokomo parts fail in the heat at the last euros. Shin was testing new ball cup parts. I had a kit one bend, but not break completely at EOS, so i'm pretty happy to see the product cycle in effect to solve an issue that has come up.

If there is an issue with the idlers, then i'm sure this will be corrected, as they always have done. Personally I've not had any problems, except for breaking one in a club meeting with a 5.0T motor and a pretty hard landing off a jump.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 21-09-2016
Mad Member

Talking

Bent

Its would be good to see a person from the Xray factory team reply to a Xray car question rather a yokomo one ?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183417

Just saying

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Bent

Its would be good to see a person from the Xray factory team reply to a Xray car question rather a yokomo one ?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183417

Just saying
good to see we are all making use of all the treads

i was asking a simple question and now i know not to buy a Yokomo yz4

my kyoshos dont have that issue and my xrays didnt nore did they have any other issues to be honest part from when i crashed them
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Not to my knowledge, the top table team were not. If someone else was at the meeting then then good for them.
Lee was running AE ball cups on both cars after having some yokomo parts fail in the heat at the last euros. Shin was testing new ball cup parts. I had a kit one bend, but not break completely at EOS, so i'm pretty happy to see the product cycle in effect to solve an issue that has come up.

If there is an issue with the idlers, then i'm sure this will be corrected, as they always have done. Personally I've not had any problems, except for breaking one in a club meeting with a 5.0T motor and a pretty hard landing off a jump.
so would it be fair to say jumping your yz4 buggy is now not allowed?

maybe touring car tracks might suit the yz4 better?
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I broke a front one once, at a club meeting. Marc Reinhard broke a rear one at EOS. If something breaks it gets swapped, no biggie. Parts on all cars break from time to time.

No one is running AE parts, as has been claimed elsewhere, but if they did, good for them. I don't even know if it fits?
could we get a team driver to confirm this?
Old 21-09-2016

There are no team drivers active on Oople. You could ask it on Facebook, but I expect they won't answer it. But you never know.
Old 21-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
There are no team drivers active on Oople. You could ask it on Facebook, but I expect they won't answer it. But you never know.
Oh I stick to KYOSHO and xray then as Nick caro always available and so is bentka

Even had a response when I asked tebo for help
Old 21-09-2016

If you watch the EOS videos back you will see the car can jump and takes them as well as anything, it was TQ at the end of the day.

I've done one idler so far but that was due to a bearing going on the topshaft. I ran at the last weekends EOS and had no problems with breakages on the YZ-4.

Thanks
Chris
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1989 View Post
If you watch the EOS videos back you will see the car can jump and takes them as well as anything, it was TQ at the end of the day.

I've done one idler so far but that was due to a bearing going on the topshaft. I ran at the last weekends EOS and had no problems with breakages on the YZ-4.

Thanks
Chris
i do like the look of them to be honest and have come very close to buying one but there just the whole belt thing that put me right off.
i think the bmax4 was a great car on the other hand
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
i do like the look of them to be honest and have come very close to buying one but there just the whole belt thing that put me right off.
i think the bmax4 was a great car on the other hand
The belts are a piece of cake to set. Only on my second set of belts since buying it on release in November. Any questions on the car ask away.

Thanks
Chris
Old 21-09-2016
Mad Member

so would it be fair to say jumping your yz4 buggy is now not allowed?

maybe touring car tracks might suit the yz4 better?

Up until the EOS at the weekend I wasn't even aware that there was an issue. Never heard it anywhere else.

That EOS track is brutal. Super fast with crazy air. I seriously doubt you'd ever put your car through anything like that anywhere else.

To say you're not buying the car because of 2 failed idlers is a bit silly. I know guys who have raced the car all season with no issues whatsoever.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 21-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post

Up until the EOS at the weekend I wasn't even aware that there was an issue. Never heard it anywhere else.
It isn't an issue at all. Believe me if it was, I'd have found it.
There is a sometimes a bit of belt slip from the car, but this is instead of running the belts super tight, which could cause an idler to break on harsh load. A lot of the top drivers do run their cars with far tighter slippers and belt to get the power down, but I don't. The noise heard was belt slip.

I'm the first to agree the car isn't perfect, without its "features", but its a very competitive car at all levels.
Old 21-09-2016

There isn't an issue with YZ4 idlers and xb2 diffs aren't exploding
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Nori View Post
There isn't an issue with YZ4 idlers and xb2 diffs aren't exploding
see i think this guy got it Neil think maybe you a bit slow

in your own words things break doesnt matter what car you buy your words no big deal...

its a hobby lets all try and be positive as everyone likes different things or we would all be driving the same and have no choice.
Bentka as always helped me with setup when i bought a xb2 i went back to kyosho because although the xb2 was a good car i did feel i just wanted the new kyosho...

i have never raced a Yz2 but i have bought many of them mostly 2nd hand and i think its a great car bit like the yz4 is another great engineering work of art i was taken back when i saw one because you can see how much work goes into these things.

Bentka i believe was defending his brand which he has put alot of input into with his driver daughter as a team driver that would lets be fair leave us all for dead... and going back to the main point he puts himself out to the public which in this day and age is very rare
Old 21-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
see i think this guy got it Neil think maybe you a bit slow

in your own words things break doesnt matter what car you buy your words no big deal...

its a hobby lets all try and be positive as everyone likes different things or we would all be driving the same and have no choice.
Bentka as always helped me with setup when i bought a xb2 i went back to kyosho because although the xb2 was a good car i did feel i just wanted the new kyosho...

i have never raced a Yz2 but i have bought many of them mostly 2nd hand and i think its a great car bit like the yz4 is another great engineering work of art i was taken back when i saw one because you can see how much work goes into these things.

Bentka i believe was defending his brand which he has put alot of input into with his driver daughter as a team driver that would lets be fair leave us all for dead... and going back to the main point he puts himself out to the public which in this day and age is very rare

i do want a vintage YZ10 91-93 for my collection if anyone fancys selling one on another note?