Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 09-06-2011

Default SRCMCC Summer Weekend Race Event

We are pleased to announce, on the weekend of 8 9 10 July this year for the first time Swindon radio controled model car club are to hold a self hosted and run weekend race event with over night camping available at no additional cost.

In brief the weekend will be as follows..,

Sponsored by MK Racing - with prizes.

Class' to be raced 1/8 buggy and Truggy nitro and Electric, 1/10 electric Buggy and SC Trucks (if we get enough)

Gates open Friday at 1700 to set up camping gear etc with a practice session at 1900 approx followed by evening racing in the format of 'dash for cash' - number of rounds dependent on driver numbers.

Saturday - Practice commencing at 1000 followed by qualifiers then 20 min finals (nitro) (racing will last all day through to approx 4-5pm followed by bar bq and i would suggest a few beers!

Sunday - repeat of Saturday.

The two days will be run as seperate race events with prizes for all catagories at the end of each.

Prices (booked in advance) - adult two day pass £20.00
adult single day £10.00
Under 16s half price
Barbeque £5.00 per head all ages.

More details will be posted over the coming weeks.

Please submit a reply if you are interested to help us guage numbers.

Last edited by alan p; 09-06-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: title
Old 15-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sadly I won't be able to compete in the event itself but would be interested to run on your track on the friday night if that would be ok?
Old 15-06-2011

There will be electric rounds on the Friday night if we get enough interest and you would be most welcome if not i'm sure we be running some practice rounds as the two tracks are seperate,

I will post more detail nearer the time.
Old 20-06-2011

Booking in is now open for the SRCMCC Summer Weekend Race Event on the weekend of 8 9 10 July

In brief the weekend will be as follows..,

Sponsored by MK Racing - with prizes.

Class' to be raced 1/8 buggy and truggy nitro and electric, 1/10 electric

Gates open Friday at 1700 to set up camping gear etc with a practice session at 1900 approx followed by evening racing in the format of 'dash for cash' - number of rounds dependent on driver numbers.(Only for those booked in for racing on Saturday or Sunday)

Saturday - Practice commencing at 1000 followed by qualifiers then 20 min finals (nitro) with bump ups for the top three drivers (racing will last all day through to approx 4-5pm followed by bar bq and i would suggest a few beers!

Sunday - repeat of Saturday.

The two days will be run as seperate race events with prizes for all catagories at the end of each.

Prices (booked in advance) - adult two day pass £20.00
adult single day £10.00
Under 16s half price
Barbeque £2.50 per head all ages.

To book in please e mail me, the following info.

Name
Your location
Contact telephone number
BRCA No
Class to be raced
Transponder number
Make of car
Make of engine / motor
Ability 1 - 10 (1 = highest)
Days to be raced

Email to stethen.carter@sky.com

Many thanks

Last edited by alan p; 20-06-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: text
Old 20-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan p View Post
Gates open Friday at 1700 to set up camping gear etc with a practice session at 1900 approx followed by evening racing in the format of 'dash for cash' - number of rounds dependent on driver numbers.(Only for those booked in for racing on Saturday or Sunday)

Does that mean that I now can not come over for a run out on the Friday? I have no issues with being removed from any competition .. just looking for a bit of time on your track really
Old 20-06-2011

The dash for the cash is a race in its own right for people booked in for the weekend but I'm sure we can accomadate you if you just want a run on friday as long as you have your BRCA upto date
Old 03-07-2011

We have decided due to all the other events on the same weekend we are going to postpone it until later in the summer when there is nothing going on.

Sorry if this a dissapointment to those of you who can make it but in reality if there are less than an absolute minimum of 20 drivers per day it would nt be worth doing.

Therefore we have decided to reschedule - date to be confirmed.