Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 28-02-2011
Administrator

Default JQ products 'THEcar' review - oOple.com

oOple.com presents our review of the new JQ Products 'THEcar', 1/8th scale buggy.

Click the photo above or click the link below to go to our first review of 2011.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/revie...car/index.html
Old 28-02-2011
Administrator

Old 28-02-2011

Excellent review Jimmy, really well done.

Have you driven the car much since? Get down to NDOR again this Sunday for Mallets meet. Should be a cracker.
Old 28-02-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddo View Post
Excellent review Jimmy, really well done.

Have you driven the car much since? Get down to NDOR again this Sunday for Mallets meet. Should be a cracker.
Was up for racing at mmrx this weekend gone (not sure what the weather was like up there?) but my car broke down and I couldn't race anywhere.
NDOR sunday you say? I think I could be up for that.
Old 28-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Was up for racing at mmrx this weekend gone (not sure what the weather was like up there?) but my car broke down and I couldn't race anywhere.
NDOR sunday you say? I think I could be up for that.
MMRX was canceled, too much rain again

Yup, NDOR on Sunday. It'll be my first race with my JQ, so should be interesting. Dont forget to set your alarm
Old 28-02-2011
Administrator

Nice one, I will see if Evans is up for it again.
Old 28-02-2011

Cheers fer the mentions Jimmy!! Glad to be of help to ya on the day!!

Im at Coventry this weekend but if that plan falls through Ill come over to NDOR to meet up and chew the fat again bud!!
Old 01-03-2011

Jimmy, good stuff as usual, although maybe not as rigorous as the usual EP tests, oople being mostly electron-oriented. There's a bit of a formatting mistake on P7 from the clutch on... looks like a frame issue.

Good job overall

Paul
Old 01-03-2011
Administrator

Thanks I will check that.
I wanted to compare to some other cars but - well - it was hard to organise to borrow some cars as I moved and changed jobs during the review.
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice review as usual, but I would have liked to see a matt black and candy orange shell, think that would have been the bees knees

The special edition is nearly nice enough to be a shelf queen, and with that motor wow
Old 18-07-2011

Hi Jimmy,

Bit of a post bump.
Do you ever do follow up reviews on the buggies you review?
Would love to hear your thoughts on the JQ after a few months of abuse.
Old 18-07-2011

My car is still going strong after nearly 17 gallons of fuel through her. It has been a test bench for the UK team aswell as my personal racing weapon. Setup hasnt been easy to find, but I have now got it as I like a buggy to handle. Breakage wise in the -15*c temps and below there were a few (I did 2 wishbones in 1 meeting:O) But since the plastic has been reviewed and changed and the updated parts have been released ive not broken a single thing. My car yesterday finally wore something out, the front diff internals gave up after lots and lots of abuse and for the low price they cost to replace im more than happy with that.

The only gripe I do have with the JQ is the shell, its very snug around the exhaust and as such the shell can get melted if the exhaust isnt positioned correctly. But the buggy is definately the fastest accelerating buggy ive had and im going to retire this one ive got very soon and buy a replacement new one!!
Old 18-07-2011
Mad Member

Great review Jimmy. Good job
Old 18-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelie600 View Post
My car is still going strong after nearly 17 gallons of fuel through her. It has been a test bench for the UK team aswell as my personal racing weapon. Setup hasnt been easy to find, but I have now got it as I like a buggy to handle. Breakage wise in the -15*c temps and below there were a few (I did 2 wishbones in 1 meeting:O) But since the plastic has been reviewed and changed and the updated parts have been released ive not broken a single thing. My car yesterday finally wore something out, the front diff internals gave up after lots and lots of abuse and for the low price they cost to replace im more than happy with that.

The only gripe I do have with the JQ is the shell, its very snug around the exhaust and as such the shell can get melted if the exhaust isnt positioned correctly. But the buggy is definately the fastest accelerating buggy ive had and im going to retire this one ive got very soon and buy a replacement new one!!
Thanks Steelie,

I am just tossing up wether to go for the JQ or the Durango, love both of them for different reasons, THE Car is awesome as its one man taking on the big boys, and then the Durango is just sexy as hell!

I know they both seem to have there teething issues, but seem to be getting ironed out to make both good options.