Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 14-04-2010

Default RC10 B4.1 RTR

Hi all,

Have been thinking about having a go at buggy racing.
Has anyone had any experience with the new RC10 brushless buggy that Associated have released? I relaise its only a few months old, but is it a decent entry level buggy? The price is hard to beat considering it comes with brushless setup and radio gear. But with that in mind, the fact its so cheap, does this mean the buggy itself is rubbish?

Here is the buggy I am talking about
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXYYE2**&P=0

Any opinions on this good or bad?

Thanks
Old 14-04-2010

The B4 is a good little buggy. I have two! Same design for ages and still competitive (although there are probably 'better' like the kyosho rb5, x6 or x6 squared conversion kit for the b4, xxx-cr or atomic carbon cr2) this 4.1 version offers some minor tweeks to make it more competitive again. these other buggies i've named do cost a fair bit more though, so assuming your going to be racing at club level at the moment at that price it that sounds like a bit of a steal!

Xray, Zen

Maclan, Surpass, SRT, Futaba

MUST GO FASTER!!
Old 14-04-2010

Thanks Buck.
Are there any known weakneses with the buggy that could be remedied with some hop up options at all, or are they pretty solid as is.
Old 14-04-2010

i'm also waiting to get my brushless b4.1, as i'm getting into buggy racing. there's a review of the b4.1 that someone has done. one of the major upgrades that people are recommending is the servo. also, here's someone (poorly) racing the b4.1. not sure if it's the brushless version or not though.

let me know if you find any other reviews or videos!

Team Associated B4.1
Dublin Model Car Club

Xbox360/PS3: Dannyeire
Old 14-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
i'm also waiting to get my brushless b4.1, as i'm getting into buggy racing. there's a review of the b4.1 that someone has done. one of the major upgrades that people are recommending is the servo. also, here's someone (poorly) racing the b4.1. not sure if it's the brushless version or not though.

let me know if you find any other reviews or videos!
You'll have to post up some photos when yours arrives. Has anyone had experience with the brushless system that these come with? the Reedy 3300kv.
Old 14-04-2010

with the b4 (can't speak for the 4.1 but i'm assuming it'll be the same) get a set of front wishbones and front bulkheads. they're what i'd call the main weaknesses but in all fairness, they're very solid and can take a lot of abuse.

As for hop ups, there are loads as you can imagine, many just for aesthetics, but many will be of benefit. 30-deg caster blocks in the front would be a good start, then onto better shocks possibly (bleeder shock tops, threaded assosiated or losi ones), titanium turnbuckles, carbon fibre k-factory fron shock tower, better electrics....the list can go on for ages.

Best things you'll need i reckon are decent tyres (this all depends on what kinda track you're running on) but schumacher yellow minispike front and back with mid to soft inserts are a good place to start in most instances.

Xray, Zen

Maclan, Surpass, SRT, Futaba

MUST GO FASTER!!