Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
What table tops in the corners?! They're aren't jumps? Theyre just level changes, The majority of people seem to want this. And the old track the hump in the middle was fantastic. In fact the old track was fantastic.
I think you'd better get a dictionary and look up "majority".
Then ask "how many members do we have".

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 01-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can I make a suggestion?

If the mega tabletop has been fixed, can we take it to the indoor track? There is plenty of room in the store room and many of our previous jumps got a bit of a soaking in the old store so we could do with some more.

We spent a lot of time on the tabletop last weekend and used up the only 4 surviving ramps in the process. Rogers tabletop is quicker to build than that, and would leave the ramps free. Plus covered in carpet it would be a lot less harsh both in terms of transitions and on your chassis.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-12-2012

+1 for Rogers jump at the indoor track )
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

That big table top needs some flexible ply at the bottom of both sides and that would smooth out the transition a bit
Old 01-12-2012

Default Table top

Quote:
What table tops in the corners?! They're aren't jumps? Theyre just level changes, The majority of people seem to want this. And the old track the hump in the middle was fantastic. In fact the old track was fantastic.
Well again i think your wrong the old hump was used in every race near enough and was boring and small kids who are the future of such a club couldn't see it proper so if we voting as members then i vote againest one as think
If people put the wooden one up proper we wouldn't need 1
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
Now this is just a thought and I don't know the logistics of it but I was thinking the outdoor track would be so much better and a lot more character (like the old track or southport) with some more permanant features. My proposal is we build a table top/ whip jumps like Robin Hood raceway in front of the rostrum. I would gladly give up my time to build that as I think the track is a bit bare with very little permant features. What do we think about doing it over winter while the track is not in use? Again I dot know the logistics but want to see if there's a demand which I reckon there is and more importantly who would be up for it?
I think this would boost the club and attract more racers to club meetings

Gavin
Sorry i did read it wrong was Robin Hood we would be copying not southport my mistake
Old 01-12-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6907 View Post
Well again i think your wrong the old hump was used in every race near enough and was boring and small kids who are the future of such a club couldn't see it proper so if we voting as members then i vote againest one as think
the old track was night and day better than the new one, there is nothing challenging about the new track at the minuet, don't get me wrong i love the bury track, it just lacks features proof in the pudding why do you think no one comes racing at bury like we all use to,and for those who have already posted about damaging there car on big jumps, OK i see your point but remember it you driving it its up to you to learn how to race of road if all your going to do is drive around on flat tracks so you don't break your cars then your never going to learn anything,and may as well just go run mardaves and be safe,
Old 01-12-2012

It not the breaking or not breaking a car. It's more there not much point in building sumthing perm on the track when there is a wooden one which hasn't been put together right for proper use i raced all over when i was younger and have seen alot diff tracks and think if you use the example of what I put to good use dont copy sumthing make sumat new new ideas all ways better than copying whole point is to make sumthing diff and that takes time but think the use of moveable ramps etc works well indoors so why not outdoors
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
For one. The proposed three way table rope would be directly in front of the rostrum and not in the middle of the track so I do t see how kids could see over a 2-3ft jump from a rostrum that's 10-15ft high?..... And if you mean for marshalling well it would be in front of the rostrum not in the middle of the track...
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
the old track was night and day better than the new one, there is nothing challenging about the new track at the minuet, don't get me wrong i love the bury track, it just lacks features proof in the pudding why do you think no one comes racing at bury like we all use to,and for those who have already posted about damaging there car on big jumps, OK i see your point but remember it you driving it its up to you to learn how to race of road if all your going to do is drive around on flat tracks so you don't break your cars then your never going to learn anything,and may as well just go run mardaves and be safe,
EXACTLY!! Totally agree
Old 01-12-2012

i always said ramps/ obstacles don't break cars only poor drivers, it doesn't have to be permanent if there built right but remember if there not fixed or perm someone has to drag them in and out at the beginning and end of the day, not fun if the a descent ramp as they will be big and heavy,
Old 01-12-2012

Thumbs down

Quote:
For one. The proposed three way table rope would be directly in front of the rostrum and not in the middle of the track so I do t see how kids could see over a 2-3ft jump from a rostrum that's 10-15ft high?..... And if you mean for marshalling well it would be in front of the rostrum not in the middle of the track...
Think wooden 1 do same thing just dont see point at all and that's my opinion think there are other things that can be done which would make more improvement
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
It not the breaking or not breaking a car. It's more there not much point in building sumthing perm on the track when there is a wooden one which hasn't been put together right for proper use i raced all over when i was younger and have seen alot diff tracks and think if you use the example of what I put to good use dont copy sumthing make sumat new new ideas all ways better than copying whole point is to make sumthing diff and that takes time but think the use of moveable ramps etc works well indoors so why not outdoors
If you look at the proposed three way table top
http://www.f-bomproducts.com/wiki/im...bleTop_web.jpg
I've not seen a jump like this at any other local track so your argument is totally flawed...
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
Think wooden 1 do same thing just don't see point at all and that's my opinion think there are other things that can be done which would make more improvement
i agree that a wooden one would do the same job just remember you just volunteered to move it in and out every day lol
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
If you look at the proposed three way table top
http://www.f-bomproducts.com/wiki/im...bleTop_web.jpg
I've not seen a jump like this at any other local track so your argument is totally flawed...
southport have a mini version of that
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
i always said ramps/ obstacles don't break cars only poor drivers, it doesn't have to be permanent if there built right but remember if there not fixed or perm someone has to drag them in and out at the beginning and end of the day, not fun if the a descent ramp as they will be big and heavy,
Quote:
EXACTLY!! Totally agree
Weather a driver is poor or good doesnt make any diff and like i said you will have people may agree or disagree and if put to a vote i disagree think again copying sumthing rather than think of sumthing new is boring and waste of time and money
Old 01-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

Thing is Carl people do come to the new track, just not when there are meetings on. Not that they came to the old track that much for club meets either - leastways not in the last couple of years.
Stu's no idiot - he knows well enough that several local F1's have been testing at our track. Its part of the reason behind the 'stealth' layout - the theory is that if its a blank canvas except on race days the only way to test on it is at a meeting. Clearly its not blank enough yet!

As for the rest - like I said earlier, the current most regularly attended club in the region isn't us, or Southport, its Ribble Valley where they do run Mardaves! It seems that despite having two outdoor clubs with modern astro tracks in the area 50+ people a week want to race on a carpet track with a couple of small ramps.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Thing is Carl people do come to the new track, just not when there are meetings on. Not that they came to the old track that much for club meets either - leastways not in the last couple of years.
Stu's no idiot - he knows well enough that several local F1's have been testing at our track. Its part of the reason behind the 'stealth' layout - the theory is that if its a blank canvas except on race days the only way to test on it is at a meeting. Clearly its not blank enough yet!

As for the rest - like I said earlier, the current most regularly attended club in the region isn't us, or Southport, its Ribble Valley where they do run Mardaves! It seems that despite having two outdoor clubs with modern astro tracks in the area 50+ people a week want to race on a carpet track with a couple of small ramps.
I've raced at bury since was 13 on and off iam now 35 and in all those years bury has never been a huge club it's always had people wanting make it so and i totally agree with the above there was alot time and effort put in to the new track design and stu been racing buggys along time and think any change should be somthing small or new idea all together cause if i wanted to jump a table top i would go to Robin Hood
Old 02-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oh, and I've also been told (from several different sources I might add which gives it some credence) that the reason said drivers don't come to the meets isn't the track (why test on it if its that bad?) but the members. Specifically that the club has too many kids and bashers and not enough serious racers.

To which I can only reply - Amen to that! New drivers are the future, anyone who avoids a club because its got so many of them isn't someone I'd be wanting around anyway no matter who they are supposed by.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 02-12-2012
Gypsy Member

But still old or new racer alike we all no bmrcc needs some better airtime and a decent permanent jump
Constant progression inline with our sport
Lets get a ump build
Old and new will love it