Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 25-01-2008
Mad Member

Default Best Buggy?

Had enough of my Losi xxx now, and after a new one.

What buggys are strong?

Pref 2wd, but may consider 4wd. Needs to be pretty competative too
Old 25-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Give the RB5 a go. A lot of people have said it jumps, rides the bumps and grips as well if not a little better than the XXX and turns and changes direction as well if not a little better than the B4 ..... best of both worlds.

As far as I am concerned it is the best 2wd car I have ever driven since I started racing in the mid 1980s.....
Old 25-01-2008
Administrator

The new Hot Bodies is to be unveiled in a couple of weeks - and should be released before the outdoor season gets into full swing. It's the 2WD that I'm waiting for to get back into it.
Old 25-01-2008
Mad Member

I need something strong though, had enough of only doing 1 or 2 rounds a night due to wishbones, hubs, etc breaking fairly easily

I had a T4 which was tough, can anyone tell me how the B4 compairs to it?
Old 25-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

The B4 is just the same apart from being shorter, thinner and lower but all the hubs ect are the same, with the wishbones being shorter you would expect them to be stronger, but for me only running a B4 i cant comment on how much stronger, all i know is that a B4 still breaks but the trackside support seems to be better than the other 2 2wd's although parts arnt silly cheap (my TC that cost well over £100 more is over £1 cheaper for a pair of wishbones).

If i were you id try out all the cars, pick the one that suits your driving the best.
Old 25-01-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

so far with my cr ive broken front wishbone and rear T plate the cr and b4 are about the same strength wise whats up with your CR antee???

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 25-01-2008
Mad Member

Broke a wishbone from the lightest tap while warming up in the first round, another hub went today, broke 2 before xmas, servo gears gone again, can't get it to go out of corners properly. just fed up with it.

I just want a car I can just stick on the track and go! I just want to race not spend time repairing it, constantly servicing diff's and shocks

O the wing mounts annoy me too, so do the gearbox screw holes, everything strips way to easy, and also havign to thread stuff aswell annoys me

Old 25-01-2008

When you get the car right its not a problem all cars require the same mainternance i find losi shocks the easiest to replace seals in as for setup post up what your running now and tell us what its doing and im sure most of us will be able to help as for breakages what ever you break on one car you will more than likerly break on another car the t34 has large wheels and lots of flex in things to let it be bounced about. Post up your setup and let us have a look. As for servo gears ive done a set to maybe check your servo saver is built 100% correctly i built it wrong first time.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 25-01-2008

rb5 does it for me.only broke 1 front shock tower at its first run at nissan last year.turning quicker laps than with my 4wd.or is that cos im not right good?
Old 26-01-2008
Mad Member

Hmm maybe I should buy a servo saver for it, it should have one straigh onto the servo?

also bits in my set-up change due to it being rubbish and breaking/stripping, mainly being the bulkhead,
Old 26-01-2008
Mad Member

How strong are durga's?, I entered the competition on here btw
Old 26-01-2008

No there is a built in servo saver in the steering asemberly mainly what oil and springs are you running and what pistons??? also have you got the reack steering assemberly on or the ballcrank style one.

If you want strength it seamspretty strong but for strength wouldnt really recoemend a rb5.

A

Old 26-01-2008
Mad Member

steering rack i think, im running

front, orange pistons, not sure what oil, black springs
back, orange pistons, 45W xray oil, pink springs
Old 26-01-2008

Try going to red pistons all round

Rear

spring :red
Oil 30wt

Front:

Spring : black maybe blue for a little more steering
Oil 35wt

That should give you a good setup for get gonig with downlaod trickys guide off horrizon site on hits and tips on how to change the xxx i found it useful. give that a whirl after talking to a few people ive reached the concludion that if the cr is setup well it will go well. As soon as itss all sorted it will ismply be stick in on the track and win. Again but its up to you the b4 is a very good car very simple setup. I cant fault it

A

Old 26-01-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

For a strong 2wd, I definitely WOULD recommend an RB5. I ran one for a while with the Cliff=RC ali bulkhead and the thing was a tank! The casting seems to be to higher tolerances than the AE (Thunder Tiger) stuff and as a result, a crash that would break the AE arms didn't phase the Kyosho at all! I can only directly compare these two 2wd cars but for me the RB5 seems way stronger than the B4. JMO of course.
Old 26-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

The RB5 was a top car. I'd just got a nice set up on it when I got rid. And didn't break much...and I really tested it!

But I'd wait for the new Hot Bodies, I've heard about some of the features and they are nice......but I'm not sayin owt.....jimmy.

Worth the wait it will be, hmm.

Its gonna be goooooodd.
Old 26-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

we all know which way your going tel but im with u cause ma D4 rocks big time

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 26-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The RB5 is super strong!!!

So far I have only broken one part and that was a freak incident that you couldn't repeat no matter how hard you tried!!!!!

I'd have no problem recomending the RB5 to an absolute newb as it is so strong, so easy to drive smoothly and very easy to work on.
Old 26-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

Associated B4, Losi XXXCR, XFactory X6 and the new hotbodies 2wd when its out should be also good hopefully are the best bunch around at current with the most support i think
Old 26-01-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

What other 2wd's are their at the moment mike. I think you have named them all. Can you really say the new hotbodies 2WD is good when it hasnt been released to the public?
Id reccomend the Associated B4 purely because their is basically one setup that works nearly everywhere in the UK. And it only needs minor changes to the setup to make it perform. The parts availability i would say is the best around. They dont charge silly prices either. Also their is a lot of support for the car so their will nearly always be someone who can give you advice on the car trackside.

hope this helps
ben