Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 21-08-2008

Send a message via MSN to tomm

if bury is still going im hoping to race starting this semester im at uni up in bolton would like to race 18th scale if anyone is around to race them.
Old 24-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm View Post
if bury is still going im hoping to race starting this semester im at uni up in bolton would like to race 18th scale if anyone is around to race them.
You can race your micro free. Trouble is, nobody else comes along with one.
Hope to see you anyway.
Old 24-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm View Post
I see you have a XX4 mate...why not just race that?

You'll be in good company as there are a couple of X5's.

Old 26-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
The club IS about to close! The club has asked why people dont come and we have tried to listen and tried to start and change things. Still people dont come. Its heart breaking that there is a great venue and nobody turns up. We only have about 8 members? Whats that all about? I as the Chairman is giving it till winter then if things have not changed then I am going to close the doors on one of the oldest clubs in RC history.

Another NAIL this week.......The Gymnastics club have planning permission to build a new Gym........Where our track is at the mo.
Old 26-10-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

when do the new track plans start,?
Old 27-10-2008
Mad Member

Hopefully soon... but we need to get together and decided how we move forward as a club!

Our theory at our meeting the other month was to put in for a national in 2009 and join mid west and north east to run regionals... then decide days for club days rather than having them every weekend.

If we put in for a National and do regionals we would hopefully have more members / non members turn up for club days to practice..

The weather hasnt helped at al this year for out door racing... roll on 2009..

Cheers

Nick
Old 27-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post

Our theory at our meeting the other month was to put in for a national in 2009 and join mid west and north east to run regionals...

Cheers

Nick
Does this mean Bury wont be running in the north west regional series?
Old 27-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The cutoff for applying for a national has passed.
Old 07-02-2009

Hello, all! Just wondering what the future holds for Bury Metro? I am looking at getting back in to the hobby having spent several years in the wilderness. I started back in the early 90s with a couple of 2wd off road buggies. With a lack of racing opportunities I was only able to go bashing and after a while this petered out without their being the banter of racing other cars. About 8 years ago I was starting up again and found that the focus had switched to touring cars. I was all set and ready to go when unfortunately I was forced to sell my gear. Roll forward to now. I am debating where to direct my attention and looking at what clubs there are nearby. I have heard that there are clubs in Cheadle, Macclesfield and Bury. All reasonably local for me. I have been told that you hold indoor race meetings once a month in Chadderton at present. Is this for the winter only? Come the summer is there to be an outdoor track elsewhere once the gymnastic club builds on the old one? Any info would be greatly appreciated and help me make a decision regarding what to spend my money on and where to go. Cheers.
Old 07-02-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalypig View Post
Hello, all! Just wondering what the future holds for Bury Metro? I am looking at getting back in to the hobby having spent several years in the wilderness. I started back in the early 90s with a couple of 2wd off road buggies. With a lack of racing opportunities I was only able to go bashing and after a while this petered out without their being the banter of racing other cars. About 8 years ago I was starting up again and found that the focus had switched to touring cars. I was all set and ready to go when unfortunately I was forced to sell my gear. Roll forward to now. I am debating where to direct my attention and looking at what clubs there are nearby. I have heard that there are clubs in Cheadle, Macclesfield and Bury. All reasonably local for me. I have been told that you hold indoor race meetings once a month in Chadderton at present. Is this for the winter only? Come the summer is there to be an outdoor track elsewhere once the gymnastic club builds on the old one? Any info would be greatly appreciated and help me make a decision regarding what to spend my money on and where to go. Cheers.
Hi mate. We at Bury Metro are waiting for the council to start on the new track. The old one is still there so when the summer comes we will us it till we cant. We are currently runing inside at Chadderton and this is a great venue. IF you want to come down its on next weekend. Starts at 11. We will not be going with out a track when it does eventually come, so please dont think there will be no where to race.
Nice to see u wanting to come back anyway and hope u enjoy the racing.
Old 07-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Hi mate. We at Bury Metro are waiting for the council to start on the new track. The old one is still there so when the summer comes we will us it till we cant. We are currently runing inside at Chadderton and this is a great venue. IF you want to come down its on next weekend. Starts at 11. We will not be going with out a track when it does eventually come, so please dont think there will be no where to race.
Nice to see u wanting to come back anyway and hope u enjoy the racing.
Cheers for the reply, Woody. I'll be checking your site for directions, I believe it's over Oldham side of Chadderton, just to make sure. I take it that it'll be on the Sunday? Good to know that there is a future. Excellent news.
Old 09-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalypig View Post
Cheers for the reply, Woody. I'll be checking your site for directions, I believe it's over Oldham side of Chadderton, just to make sure. I take it that it'll be on the Sunday? Good to know that there is a future. Excellent news.
Directions are simple mate... Junc 21 M60, If your coming from stockport leave at Junc 21 at the top of the slip road turn right, stay on this road through a few sets of traffic lights past a McD's and an Aldi, past 1 speed camera (on your left) then you take the left turn where there is a Bryant Homes development going up, this is HUNT LANE and by this junction there is loads of cones everywhere! lol!!

Cheers

Nick
Old 09-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Directions are simple mate... Junc 21 M60, If your coming from stockport leave at Junc 21 at the top of the slip road turn right, stay on this road through a few sets of traffic lights past a McD's and an Aldi, past 1 speed camera (on your left) then you take the left turn where there is a Bryant Homes development going up, this is HUNT LANE and by this junction there is loads of cones everywhere! lol!!

Cheers

Nick
Thanks, Nick. Got a rough idea where it is now. Should be alright when on the ground. Hope to see you then. Cheers.
Old 15-02-2009

Got there no problem. Watched a good chunk of practice and saw the first 2 rounds of racing as well. Very good venue and an excellent track. Nipped off to watch the football after that. Reckon I'm going to need to give this racing stuff a go. Quite tempted by 4wd. Saw a couple of juicy crashes on the main straight as cars accelerated out of that corner and bang into the wall. Nasty stuff. As a result I think I'm going to need something that's built like a tank, easy to adjust and maintain and steady to drive. Not asking for much there. Any suggestions welcome. I know that a lot will depend on personal preference but I don't want anything too fancy. Fire away. Cheers.
Old 15-02-2009
Mad Member

Dont know weather you saw my car it is black white and gold. It is a Yokomo B-MAX 4. It is a very strong car parts are cheap and it goes well out the box the basic kit is £160 or the champs edition is £220. If you are at the next Bury meet you are welcome to find me and have a chat.
Old 15-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
Dont know weather you saw my car it is black white and gold. It is a Yokomo B-MAX 4. It is a very strong car parts are cheap and it goes well out the box the basic kit is £160 or the champs edition is £220. If you are at the next Bury meet you are welcome to find me and have a chat.
Saw your car and it looked good. How did you get on? What you've described is basically what I'm looking for. Something that can take some abuse and when the worst happens it can be fixed pretty cheaply. Good initial price too. Thanks very much for the offer. I'll make sure to look out for you at the next one.
Old 15-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post

Where does the £160 quid come from ??? you won yours. Jammy *^"(*% *
Old 15-02-2009
Mad Member

Sure did Roger cheers LOL