Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 14-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Www.facebook.com

There was some discussion on the predators inside group about this car and I think he commented on it
And I must say, this whole having to go through social media and forums, particularly facebook, to find someone for this particular purpose is so amateur and I find it totally cringe-worthy.

Screams amateur and screams inexperience. I cannot stand it. Basically sums up the whole silly affair with this situation and company really.
Old 14-01-2020

I tried this about 6 months ago

Total waste of time

He wanted £50k for a wishbone and it come with everything he had left for preds

Talking to others who know him and hes not got much of anything left! All jigs are rusty and sat in a outside shed getting worse by the day

I've not been told that by lewis so might not be true

I told lewis I would be up with the £50k and a van if he could give me a stock list of what I was buying

That's when it all fell apart, blocked me and that was the end

Good luck guys

I need some parts so keep me in mind if you buy it lol
Old 14-01-2020

Hi,

Thanks for the info.. Sorry to hear this again.

This is what I mean, totally amatuer behaviour and blocking you?

It totally baffles my mind as to what is going on here.

It seems its all just hearsay from people who "know" these people.. No-one knows direct information or a direct contact to this person. Why all the smoke and mirrors. It is like some stupid game and these people think this company is some ridiculous front for MI6 or the CIA... Its crazy..
Old 14-01-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Ha cheers mate... I can see his brother and I can see Yanina (but her name has changed?) however I cannot see Lewis..

I would rather go direct to him than go through family members..
Sorry I'm no expert on these people I'm not sure who's who
Old 14-01-2020

I maybe wrong but somebody mentioned to me it's the same guy behind the will speed cars. No idea if this is correct though. I Facebook messaged MrOracing which I been told is the spiritual successor to the predator but he didn't reply. I been told he never replies to messages. How the hell he expects to get investment in his project if he won't even reply to messages from potential customers is beyond me.
Old 14-01-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
I maybe wrong but somebody mentioned to me it's the same guy behind the will speed cars. No idea if this is correct though. I Facebook messaged MrOracing which I been told is the spiritual successor to the predator but he didn't reply. I been told he never replies to messages. How the hell he expects to get investment in his project if he won't even reply to messages from potential customers is beyond me.
I think the willspeed guy used to work for predator rather than owning it. Don't be surprised if this car never sees the light of day
Old 14-01-2020

I bet your right too. I would be surprised if it ever goes into production. Shame really
Old 14-01-2020

Quote:
Again with the cloak and dagger routine, why is there so much secrecy and smoke and mirrors? Somebody told somebody who knows a guy whos mum is friends with his grandma who says he used to work for team xtreme but the other guy doesnt reply.... said someone else who used to play chess with the same guy who taught the brother of the girlfriend of the guy who used to be a student at the same school Richard Weatherely went to.....

Total garbage
Old 14-01-2020

Quote:
Ps. My comment is not directed to be annoyed at you my friend its at these clowns who hide and are totally anonymous. Like what is the purpose?
Old 14-01-2020

Quote:
It's me who is behind the Willspeed brand. I did work for Team Xtreme some years a go now but other than that there are no links between Xtreme - Willspeed.
Old 15-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_penguin View Post
It's me who is behind the Willspeed brand. I did work for Team Xtreme some years a go now but other than that there are no links between Xtreme - Willspeed.
Good on you mate, transparency, however I can somewhat understand protecting your name and distancing yourself from Team Xtreme.

Do you have any ideas on the situation with the Predator parts/stock held by the (previous) owners.. ? And why he wont part with it? Is there a direct contact for these people?
Old 15-01-2020
Mad Member

Quote:

MrO has nothing to do with Team Xtreme, other than like many others, he used to race a Pred. I wouldn’t waste my time answering questions about someone else’s car either.

People only link the 2 cars, as they’re both flatish with a big front wing.
Old 15-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
MrO has nothing to do with Team Xtreme, other than like many others, he used to race a Pred. I wouldn’t waste my time answering questions about someone else’s car either.

People only link the 2 cars, as they’re both flatish with a big front wing.
I assume he is talking about asking him questions about HIS car, the MRO thing, rather than TX.... That's how I read the comment anyway.
Old 15-01-2020

A never ending story
it is hard if you have payed a lot of money und searched along time for a good
pred and then you could not race it because there are no parts out there!
Old 15-01-2020

Talking

I still have a few parts for sale
Old 15-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx4racer View Post
A never ending story

Absolutely a never ending story!

Its the same as usual, a lot of hearsay and rumours but when the hard question is asked, its crickets.....

Someone knows this guy and someone has his details..
Old 16-01-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
A never ending story
That's the risks of vintage racing though
Old 16-01-2020

@:daz75

thats right, but i have a lot of vintage cars and not such problems.
You need time to find some parts that is right.

But a X10/X11 is in my eyes not a vintage car!?
Produced from 2005-2009 if i am right.
Old 16-01-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
@:daz75

thats right, but i have a lot of vintage cars and not such problems.
You need time to find some parts that is right.

But a X10/X11 is in my eyes not a vintage car!?
Produced from 2005-2009 if i am right.
I have an x10 but cant race in the vintage class because its not old enough. Advised to use a 10.5t motor so would have to race in 4wd class against the nutters with 5.5t motors. Would get smashed to bits
Old 29-06-2020

Is there still no news on the predator ???? MRO us seemingly going to start selling cars and even though great design it's not the the pred..... Is there anyone out there that knows the guy and can get the patents off this guy ? I loved the predator and just when I was about to get back to racing the new pred x11 he went bust. The new car may be the spiritual successor but it's still not a predator not even close. I don't know what his name is because I haven't looked at this thread in so long but there has to be somebody that will be able to convince him to sell up and let somebody else give it a go it's too good of a design to let die