Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 24-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmickey0 View Post
I`m now confused as i just got myself a Mad Monkey as cant afford high price stuff, but now dont seem to be able to find Hop-Ups for it. And in my opinion its a well built impressive car and i like shiney stuff. Just waiting for the shell to come back from my sprayer and it`ll be running at my local outdoor club and close in door club. So any sites that sell spares would be usefull for me to add to my favs list for use later, as no doubt a tree will jump out at me.

Rych
http://www.eurorc.com/category/9/teamc-tc02c--t2c

all the hopups you need with fast delivery to UK.
Old 24-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goos View Post
http://www.eurorc.com/category/9/teamc-tc02c--t2c

all the hopups you need with fast delivery to UK.
All of the hop ups are coming through. We had a load arrive today. Support the UK model shops, unless you want to buy everything from abroad when there's no UK suppliers left.
Old 24-04-2012

Thanks Matty, would rather wait and fly the union jack if poss
Old 24-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmickey0 View Post
I`m now confused as i just got myself a Mad Monkey as cant afford high price stuff, but now dont seem to be able to find Hop-Ups for it. And in my opinion its a well built impressive car and i like shiney stuff. Just waiting for the shell to come back from my sprayer and it`ll be running at my local outdoor club and close in door club. So any sites that sell spares would be usefull for me to add to my favs list for use later, as no doubt a tree will jump out at me.

Rych
daft as it sounds, download the X2c manual - all the major parts to fit the car are listed in the back & if you cross reference the manual for the monkey as i discovered there is a different set of part numbers although 90% of the parts are interchangeable but the X2c ones are listed with different numbers to those as shown in the mad-monkey parts list as i'd imagine they are made of different materials, however it's 2 bites of the cherry for spares & the parts are not much different in price, so all those people complaining they can't get spares, simply look up the numbers in the 2 versions of the same car & order whatever is in stock - at least it keeps you racing.

Granted the Monkey shell, battery strap & chassis tray (which aren't interchangeable) wouldn't be much use as a spare part for an X2c user unless you wanted to run with stick pack configuration as opposed to saddles or vice-versa, but the principle is there & there are twice the spare parts if you look & i'd imagine it's the same story for all the X pro Ansmann cars & their entry level counterparts.

Besides, what's the harm in buying a mad-rat kit - or even a couple - to rip apart for spares as the most likely parts that break on the monkey / X2c / X2 etc (namely wishbones, tie rods, kicker plates, idle gears, drive-shafts etc) would transfer over & i'm sure someone on ebay would always be looking for gearbox cases, motor mounts, spare chassis, shells, kit tyres etc for their broken rats once you have taken all the goodies you need to keep back as spares for yourself & there will always be someone at a club who needs a pinion or a silvercan motor for an old Tamiya or Mardave knocking around if you find you are getting a stock of clash 21's & 21t pinions to recoup some of the cash.
Old 24-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
To add to wolfies comment, I can't afford CDs such as a Durango, trf or a vega, my budget only allows for cars such as a ansmann mad rat, but i don't buy a car based on what awards it has won and how fancy the promotional videos are, I choose a car on if it is in my price budget and how easy to get/cheap spares are, and similar to what wolfie said again, all the drivers who are in all the top finals are all team drivers who get the cars cheap. On another note, why don't nsmann make a aluminium front chassis plate themself?
Cheers for the support mate, you get what it's all about. I'm in the same boat as i race on a limited budget which is how i got into buying Ansmann cars - initially based on budget as i wanted a cheap touring car to have a crack at RC rallying as i'd switched clubs, so bought the ARE-1 which i have to admit was not my original 1st choice but it exceeded all my expectations & I was over the moon i went with it as it did what i wanted adequately. Then came the day i wanted a new buggy & the choice was do i buy a Associated car kit for £150 or an Ansmann car kit for £50 which is pretty much the same car or buy a 2nd hand Associated for the same money as a brand new Ansmann & still have some change to get some new electrics to put in it was how i approached it & i went with Ansmann as it was affordable & by then i knew a little about the brand & so had no problem getting parts from the local shops & since then i have bought 3 more Ansmann cars on the strength of this, yes the B4 is probably the better car than the mad-rat is - we all know that (& before Cameo starts - i'm saying "probably" simply because i've never owned or used a B4), but am i going to get the full benefit of running a B4 with my level of ability as a racer as buying the best car doesn't suddenly make you the best driver, so i'd be no higher or lower on the results table if i ran the B4 or a stock rat, but as it turned out the Ansmann cars suit me to a tee & there are enough Ansmann stockists close to where i am to get parts & support the local shops.

Sorry to keep saying this, but this Ansmann bashing from people saying "you can't get the bits" & speculation that the Ansmann brand is on it's arse when it's not, it's getting boring now... i dare say (& this is just my opinion) the majority of these "rumours" (be they fact or fiction) are probably being planted on forums & spread by Team C / Absima trolls & brand supporters trying to persuade Ansmann users to switch brands & are nothing more than petty remarks & tittle-tattle & are probably best ignored - i dare bet there will come a day when Team C stock levels get low & hard to come by & comments on forums will reflect this, but as they say he who laughs last & all that, plus of course there is that saying in business about those who you tread on while on the way up that will come back to tread on you on your way back down.

At the end of the day who cares if there are 2 identical cars on the market with different badges on the box - i certainly don't - it just makes getting stuff easier for everyone & who ever complains about LRP / Nosram selling the exact same products with different coloured anodizing, stickers, boxes, names & product branding?

There are umpteen clones or duplicates out there in the RC industry if you look hard enough from radio gear to spare parts from all the top brands as the chances are they come from the same central manufacturing facility & get stuck in a different box.. take a look how many systems there are that are clones of the low cost ezrun stuff, but does anyone slag off hobbywing because another company are now selling the exact same product with a different logo & a few cosmetic changes?

Even road cars & motorbikes do a bit of brand crossing over with cars using the same engine or the same chassis under all the bodywork, with the likes of Fiat & GM using the same chassis for a particular car each company knocks out & the likes of Renault & Volvo using each others engines as a joint venture etc etc, so if it's fine in 1:1 scale cars for companies to share common products from the same mould, why can't it work in the 1:10th scale world of car manufacturing & the 1:1 people work together & get along to co-exist, so why can't Ansmann & Team C? A lesson to be learned here i think.
Old 25-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
All of the hop ups are coming through. We had a load arrive today. Support the UK model shops, unless you want to buy everything from abroad when there's no UK suppliers left.
Matty, are these likely to be in the online shop at some point ? If not could you let me know what you had delivered and costs etc please ? No hurry ! Thanks
Old 25-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
Matty, are these likely to be in the online shop at some point ? If not could you let me know what you had delivered and costs etc please ? No hurry ! Thanks

Ditto - i'm in the market for a few upgrades

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

I'm running a meeting tonight, so all the Ansmann/Team C Stuff will be put on the website on Thursday evening. If you could PM me what your looking for then I can make sure we have good stock levels.

Many Thanks,

Matt
Old 03-05-2012
Mad Member

Parts are being uploaded HERE as they arrive in stock
Old 03-05-2012

Hi Matt,

Can you get/stock: TU0218 Servo Saver For 2WD? How much?
Old 04-05-2012

Any 4wd parts coming in?
Old 04-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-thebabystore View Post
Any 4wd parts coming in?

Sure, what bits are you looking for. If we've not got it then we can get it.
Old 04-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezT View Post
Hi Matt,

Can you get/stock: TU0218 Servo Saver For 2WD? How much?
Hi Jez,

I can, I'll get a price and come back to you.

Regards,

Matt
Old 04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Sure, what bits are you looking for. If we've not got it then we can get it.
Nothing in particular at the moment but I've seen the hop ups etc but didn't want to buy abroad