Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Old 07-05-2011

Default How do i fit TC4 Foam bumper to my mardave?

This prob is a really dumb question but I cant figure it out. I have taken the tc4 bumper and it will slide onto the front body posts of my mardave but it touchs the wheels and they would not be able to move. I bought the Mardave 2n hand and im not really very knowledgable about building things as yet.

I check the long metal chassis to see if there were any hole to move the wheels backwards but I dont think there is.

Any suggestions? I am hoping to race it later today so would really like to figure out how to get this bumper on. I didn't want to start cutting away at it before asking as the bumper is from my T/C.

Many thanks
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest501 View Post
This prob is a really dumb question but I cant figure it out. I have taken the tc4 bumper and it will slide onto the front body posts of my mardave but it touchs the wheels and they would not be able to move. I bought the Mardave 2n hand and im not really very knowledgable about building things as yet.

I check the long metal chassis to see if there were any hole to move the wheels backwards but I dont think there is.

Any suggestions? I am hoping to race it later today so would really like to figure out how to get this bumper on. I didn't want to start cutting away at it before asking as the bumper is from my T/C.

Many thanks
I would say the only way it would work would be to cut the bumper or run without. Even if you did cut the bumper im not so sure the bodyshell would fit.

How about cutting a piece of polystyrene then wrapping it in tape that should get you away.

hth steve
Old 07-05-2011

I use an hpi bumper on my dave. Using the body posts and rubber O rings to mount.

Old 07-05-2011

Sorry to hijack the thread but where did you get your battery cage cat3K
Old 07-05-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

guy on here sells them do a search for it bud
Old 07-05-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to westie
Wink

TC6 Ones Fit Straight On!
Old 07-05-2011

Thanks for replys guys, I just cut some of my tc4 one so wheel could move freely and it fit on perfect. Ill just replace it for my t/C.

Had a really good day with it, my servo gave me endless problems but gonna get a metal geared spectrum one and I think it will be ok.
Old 08-05-2011

oooo was it you with the orange fiesta, sorry for bumping you in practise
Old 09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamorsum96 View Post
oooo was it you with the orange fiesta, sorry for bumping you in practise
Haha no problems, all part of the fun =D, Just wish i could get the damn thing to go in a strait line lol. Bought a new specktrum metal geared dgital servo today and is now fitted so hope this helps.

Even with dodgy steering had so much fun though. With a bit of luck at the next meeting I will have a better run at it =D
Old 10-05-2011

did you get a servo saver to? its amazing how much they work.
i no when i first started we had the same problem
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
did you get a servo saver to? its amazing how much they work.
i no when i first started we had the same problem
Ye i got a kimbrough first and tried that, was using it on sat. Didnt seem to help too much so I think the servo was a bit crap (was only a acoms one). Bought a metal geared specktrum now, haven't got the trim sorted yet so still not going strait but i havent had much time to mess around with it yet. The new servo seems amazing tho =D

I am sure i will get there in the end lol
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
Ye i got a kimbrough first and tried that, was using it on sat. Didnt seem to help too much so I think the servo was a bit crap (was only a acoms one). Bought a metal geared specktrum now, haven't got the trim sorted yet so still not going strait but i havent had much time to mess around with it yet. The new servo seems amazing tho =D

I am sure i will get there in the end lol
haha take both steering arms off, make them same size then make sure your tranie is set to middle put servo saver on then put the arms on, i use RPM ball cups, but on my girlfriends, shes running the same steering arms that my dad uses on 1/8 stockcar, super strong
then once you put them on, just nip the ball cups to make sure its all free.once its done you wont need to mess with it again

jamie
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
haha take both steering arms off, make them same size then make sure your tranie is set to middle put servo saver on then put the arms on, i use RPM ball cups, but on my girlfriends, shes running the same steering arms that my dad uses on 1/8 stockcar, super strong
then once you put them on, just nip the ball cups to make sure its all free.once its done you wont need to mess with it again

jamie
This may sound stupid but whats the tranie? I have some TC4 track rods on there so I could adjust it. Weird thing was I made em the same size but that made the right wheel have way too much toe out. So i adjusted that slighly, Andy said to have some toe in as well so I have tried to do that a lil. Just trying to get it as strait as possible before I start tryng to tweak my sub trim.

As you can prob guess im pretty newbish at all this at mo lol but I am learning slowly... =D
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
This may sound stupid but whats the tranie? I have some TC4 track rods on there so I could adjust it. Weird thing was I made em the same size but that made the right wheel have way too much toe out. So i adjusted that slighly, Andy said to have some toe in as well so I have tried to do that a lil. Just trying to get it as strait as possible before I start tryng to tweak my sub trim.

As you can prob guess im pretty newbish at all this at mo lol but I am learning slowly... =D
tranie is short for transmitter lol
and i no that this may sound silly but do you have the servo in the right way, with the splines in the middle of the chassis?and andy is right

we all got to start somewhere so we no what ya going though
Old 10-05-2011

Quote:
tranie is short for transmitter lol
and i no that this may sound silly but do you have the servo in the right way, with the splines in the middle of the chassis?and andy is right

we all got to start somewhere so we no what ya going though
Ye def got servo in right way, once i stopped gettign flogged at work so I am not so tired ill take it outside so that I can get a nice long road so I can just try and trim it out.

Cheers for the tips
Old 10-05-2011

Was looking at kamtec for wheels and see they sell some with tyres on and was thinking of getting some for a spare set. Anyone know what the the JAP numbers mean?
Old 10-05-2011

Basically the Shore rating of the tyre(hardness),the higher the number,the harder the tyre.For your front wheels try 44's or 46's to start with.
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Basically the Shore rating of the tyre(hardness),the higher the number,the harder the tyre.For your front wheels try 44's or 46's to start with.
What about the rear?
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
What about the rear?
i run 44s and sometimes 46s but my rears are pink meduims and most of people who race at shurburn use them
Old 11-05-2011

Personally i always run pink mediums on the rear.

For the fronts i run anything from JAP 42's to JAP 52's.

If you're getting grip roll, start with 50's and see how you go. Move down the compounds until the car starts to lift the inside wheel (This is generally a sign that you're close to grip rolling) Then go up a compound to be on the safe side.