Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 26-05-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark
Default Allow myself to introduce..........myself!

Hi all,

Popped down a couple of weeks ago, really liked what I saw in terms of both the track and the atmoshphere and now the pround owner of an RC10b4.1 RTR (I made the model shop dig out a blue/red one to try and balance out the yellow/black ones I saw).

I'm based over in Bristol but plan to come most weeks, can't make this week due to a family do but a new rule about leaving friday nights free for racing has already been implemented.

I do have a couple of questions though:
1. How does the transponder thing work - does the club have enough that I can hire one - or how would I go about getting one?
2. Does my receiver aerial have to be about a foot long on 2.4Ghz considering the length of the transmitter aerial. Either I'm going to have to buy shares in a aerial tube manufacturer or make it shorter/remove it - I expect to get through a few.

Cheers - look forward to showing you my lack of skills soon, marshalling just got busier!!

Mark H
Old 26-05-2011

Hi Mark,

There's 7 Club transponders that are rented out for a £1.00. they are dished out on a first come first served basis and at the end of the night please return. And the club transponders are not for sale, they are just rentals.

Regarding your antenna wire I have a 2.4. I just tuck mine inside the car with no problems at all.

Hope this helps and see you soon.
Old 26-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlemark View Post
I do have a couple of questions though:
1. How does the transponder thing work - does the club have enough that I can hire one - or how would I go about getting one?
2. Does my receiver aerial have to be about a foot long on 2.4Ghz considering the length of the transmitter aerial. Either I'm going to have to buy shares in a aerial tube manufacturer or make it shorter/remove it - I expect to get through a few.

Cheers - look forward to showing you my lack of skills soon, marshalling just got busier!!

Mark H
Welcome to the club dude.
Regards to transponders. You can hire them £1 a go and you may be able to buy them from the club. They just plug into a spare slot on your reciever.
And the aerial bit as you now got 2.4 just tuck it inside the shell. It doesn't need to stick out at all. So no more poking your eye out times.
Rych
Old 26-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-on-wheels View Post
Hi Mark,

There's 7 Club transponders that are rented out for a £1.00. and at the end of the night please return.

Regarding your antenna wire I have a 2.4. I just tuck mine inside the car with no problems at all.

Hope this helps and see you soon.
Damn you Chris. Lol. I Must learn to type faster.
Old 26-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Mark and welcome!
The others have already covered everything, although, if in time you want to get your own transponder (as we do sometimes run out!) then an AMB or MRT is all you need.
see you there
Pete