Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 12-09-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I want it so I can share parts with me tourer (pulleys, layshaft gear, one-way etc.....
Old 13-09-2006

Send a message via Yahoo to dallasv8

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...=219895&page=2

theres a couple of video links here.one of the buggy at the hobby show and another of it running by itself on a track
Tamiya TNX 5.2R
Eratic Driving Controlled by Nomadio Sensor

Old 13-09-2006

http://www.team-td.net/frame.htm for more pics of the body.
Old 13-09-2006

Latest TRF501X from the Japan race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 501x-1.jpg (69.3 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by kentech; 13-09-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 13-09-2006
Administrator

darn them and their tiny little photos!!!!

Car looks great though, I need one.
Old 13-09-2006

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

Man i so want one, regardless of it being a belt drive.
If it goes as well as my BJ it'll be superb.

Hopefully these pics are a sign that Tamiya will release it, and then hopefully they'll turn their hand to a 2wd as i think thats what we are lacking at the mo.... Not enough choice in that class
Old 13-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
darn them and their tiny little photos!!!!

Car looks great though, I need one.
I got my contacts out listening for rumblings on whether it goes into production Jim.... and if it does, and I am defo going to get one, haul your arse down to South Wales for a photoshoot and a grope (of the car of course, don't want Vicky getting jealous, heehee)
Old 14-09-2006
Administrator

theres now an English version of the tamiya 501x page, heres what it says:

At the 2006 IFMAR Pre-World Championships Race 1/10 Electric Off-Road held from September 8th-10th at the Ichirino RC Plaza Off-road Course in Hakusan City, Ishikawa Prefecture, the prototype of our high-end 4WD racing buggy TRF501X took 2nd and 4th place in the overall standings.

TRF Satoshi Maezumi’s Comments
For 2006, Team TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) entered the prototype 4WD buggy TRF501X in the IFMAR Pre-World Championships Race 1/10 Electric Off-Road.
The TRF501X is being developed and tested with the goal of winning the IFMAR Electric 1/10 Off-Road World Championship that will be held in Japan in 2007. The Ichirino RC Plaza Off-road Course has a particularly challenging layout that tests a machine’s reliability, jump stability, and whether it has the necessary setting flexibility to deal with a wide range of surface conditions. We were able to pass all of these tests and achieve consistent lap times for a convincing demonstration of the machine’s high performance. My teammate Shinichi Suzuki and I were able to achieve 4th and 2nd place respectively during the qualifying heats. We had high hopes for the Finals, but they were unfortunately cancelled due to rain, so the qualifying rankings became the official results. Many fans came to the Tamiya booth at the event to check out the TRF501X and we fielded many questions, which indicated how much the R/C community anticipates the machine’s release. We’ll work ever harder on development and testing, so everyone can look forward to more improvements to the TRF501X in the future!!
Old 14-09-2006

sounds promising,the more competition and variety in electric racing the better i say.
Tamiya TNX 5.2R

Old 14-09-2006

I just don't get it how ppl can totally flip out cuz of that 501x that is just copied from the yok bx? i really don't get it!

look @ Kyosho... they did a really nice job with the new lazer and they dident copie nothing! the car is amazing for it's costs, but i bet the 501x will cost the double of that and still will be buyed more. cuz it's a copie of the yokomo...

shame on tamiya
Old 14-09-2006

we are excited as this could be the verge of Tamiya making it's first competitive buggy in over a decade..... and then some
Old 14-09-2006
Administrator

hehe, dont hang about marco, say what you really think!

I know people will jump on the opposite and say its not a copy blah blah, well, personally you just have to look at it and you are hard-pressed to know it is a different car from the BX! At the moment it is just a prototype, so it has a lot way to go until production and could change quite drastically.

I think the shell is good enough that I don't care wether its a copy of the BX or influence-by or pure coincidence ! I still want it!
Old 14-09-2006

Influence is good, and for tamiya-fans its nice to have a competitive 4wd offroader since a decade, it just wasent mentioned that much (how i wanted it) that it is extrmemely "influenced".

my first buggies were tamiya too and i liked them, but when i started racing i just wasent that quick like the guys with the losis, yoke's and asso's. Thats why i also think that Tamiya does a Great job @ the touring-car's, but i would like them better to stay there and do the good job instead of getting to much influence, impulses and inspiration by other makes. it's just... "you can't get everything" And at the Moment it's like everyone is praising lord tamiya for having such a nice inspirated 4wd offroader. *burp*
Old 14-09-2006
Administrator

I'm not sure anyone really said it was unique or ground breaking, but it IS a tamiya - and that is special. The only unique thing about the car is the body, which I think you'll agree not many manufacturers would be as brave as Tamiya to make such a crazy shell.

But I would like to see things evolve and for the car to take on its own personality / be unlike others. You can understand why they might copy an existing design so they have a good basis - then hopefully grow it from there.

:jimmeh
Old 14-09-2006

you only got to look at Tamiya's commitment in the touring car scene, at the top of the game for years, and for a company like Tamiya, who make ALL their money from rehashing cheap kits, to sit, focus and make a competitive buggy is good, just like Kyosho coming back after years.
Old 14-09-2006

We could talk for hours about that... lets just wait and see how the buggy will lookalike and most important how it will handle.

and yeah its a tamiya
Old 14-09-2006

i think these days there is only so much you can do with a car to make it different.when you look at most touring cars and offroaders they all bear resemblence to one another in different areas.about the only one that is drastically different is the predator and maybe the durango

im totally stoked that Tamiya is heading into the competeive side of offroad.i think it could be the best thing to happen to offroad in years.
Tamiya TNX 5.2R

Old 14-09-2006

LOL! and the rest like losi, bj4, zx5, yoke are all the same?

i'm trough
Old 15-09-2006
Banned

Marco a man after my own heart
i totaly agree
the pred is the best 4wd money can buy its just the best and i do not care at all what everybody else reckons, i know as i trained as a chasis design engineer,and a good freind of mine is Richard weatherly and what he doesnt know aint worth knowing

another mate works as a chasis builder at lister storm and he agrees

and also i own the only DURANGO 2005 in private ownership and it realy is the ultimate

all those losi/bj4/zx5/schumacher/worst yoko ever,bigger than a xxx4/infact worst buggy ever,yoko bx that is/things are in my opinion made for profit alone! not passion

cheers
sorry to be so contravercial, but it is true

Last edited by SCOTT DICKINSON; 15-09-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 15-09-2006
Administrator

Hold on which is better then, the pred or the durango ?

No matter what is "the best" choice is good and indeed the more the merrier!