Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
You might want some rope too
You're very odd boy
Old 27-02-2015

I'm not sitting near Lee tonight
Old 27-02-2015

Default AGM

I would just like to say thank you for tonight's AGM, well run and fairly to the point within the time provided

I would just like to thank the Committee and officers, for their continual and future appointments who help run the top club in the country the way they do.

We look forward to the new and exciting times ahead.

Thank you

Ian & Daniel

Old 27-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
I would just like to say thank you for tonight's AGM, well run and fairly to the point within the time provided

I would just like to thank the Committee and officers, for their continual and future appointments who help run the top club in the country the way they do.

We look forward to the new and exciting times ahead.

Thank you

Ian & Daniel

Well said Ian, beat me too it
Old 28-02-2015

Great news that the committee is staying on and thanks for all the hard work.

Some exciting things discussed last night around the future of the club all of which is positive.

On the venues front we need to understand we have been looking for 2 years at options and the availability of a permenant venue within our turnover is too good to not consider. Even with some compromises I have no doubt that Stone would create something spectacular.

I also think we need to factor in the pressure of a non permanent venue on matt. Whilst last night I got the impression that some enthusiasm had returned (no offence matt) but I have been through numerous decisions to resign because of the continual hassle. It was only 3 months ago we were talking about closure for these reasons. We could be there again in 6 months if we stay non perm.

From a racing front whilst the college allows us to do spectacular events 7 or 8 times a year the other 52 we are a Tuesday night members club. Whilst Moulton is great a smaller less grippy and more technical surface would benefit my driving more than the high grip astro blasting we have today. I also think people come to us because we are reliable, professional, friendly and if I'm being honest slightly less geeky than some other clubs lol. These virtues wouldn't be lost. Some drivers may leave but equally we lose drivers at Moulton because some don't like the big high grip tracks.

Matt/Colin - one issue I meant to raise last night was our accounts. One of the reasons we have struggled with perm is because to get relief on rates you need 2 years auditable accounts. What plans do we have for this? If it is time then I have volunteered to either support you Colin or take up treasurer duties. If it is cost then I know a few of accountants who would provide a good value service.

Really exciting times. The UK's best club.

Phil
Old 28-02-2015

I have to agree Phil - the committee have all done a great job and it's excellent news that they are all staying on.

I certainly share the dream of a permanent track but it's important that we do it right, as Silverstone always do. Let's not jump at the first available venue if it's too small and will compromise the racing. The club as it is runs the best club nights and winter series in the country and that's why we're hosting four regional events this year! That's not something to give up lightly.
My opinion is that we already have an outdoor track that will absorb as much time, money and effort as we can put in this year, before changing anything about our already top-notch indoor venue and events.

James

Schumacher KC / KF / K1 Aero / MI4CXL - SRCMCC - Puppy Paint
Old 28-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingers View Post
I have to agree Phil - the committee have all done a great job and it's excellent news that they are all staying on.

I certainly share the dream of a permanent track but it's important that we do it right, as Silverstone always do. Let's not jump at the first available venue if it's too small and will compromise the racing. The club as it is runs the best club nights and winter series in the country and that's why we're hosting four regional events this year! That's not something to give up lightly.
My opinion is that we already have an outdoor track that will absorb as much time, money and effort as we can put in this year, before changing anything about our already top-notch indoor venue and events.

James
James this isn't the first venue. We have been looking for over 2 years. If we do want a perm venue we will have to compromise because we don't earn enough money to hold down a commercial venue the size we use full time. If the committee thinks it can work and they have more experience than I. then I have faith.
I would also be happy to compromise my racing if it means the club survives long term because it's easier to manage.