Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Can someone from the club confirm the following please.

Is the track designed for the 10th regional or will it be large to cater for the 8th running too ?
Is there much grass left on the track ?
If not is the track rutted ?

Reason i ask is there is around 7/8 of us coming down to practice on grass ready for the next National, if the track is going to be large and no grass/rutted then this is no use for us making 200 mile round trips. The pictures on the web site look good.

If someone could let us know that would be great.

Thanks
Old 24-06-2011

I went down to MERCC a month or so back and then the track was very much a 10th track in my opinion, lap time wise 4wd electric were doing the same laps in 5 minutes as nitro were doing in 6 so the track was definitely more suited to 10th.

As to the surface, there were areas where the grass was plentiful and areas were it was just dust but the track was in no way rutted, but it has been ideal grass growing weather since i went down there, where as when i went down there it hadn't rained in braxted for 8 weeks.

You're best bet is to judge by the piccies on there facebook page, just google search mercc and it comes up.

Cheers

George
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Thankyou
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

I agree with George, I was at the same meeting, thought the track was in pretty good condition for how little rain we'd had before then.

Since then it's done a lot of raining which will help the grass, plus I belive they've only had one club meet since we went a month ago, so not a lot of use either.

Will be good if you lot come down John, always nice to see how far off the pace we are of the quick peeps
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

I am sure we will be watching you guys first
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Without laughing I hope
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Who's down from Silverstone John?

Me and Ben are heading down too...
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Me, Lloyd, Rich Ralph, Kev Lee, Paul Timberlake and Ian Edwards
Old 24-06-2011
Mad Member

Nice easy open finals then!

Will try not to get in the way when you lot tear past...
Old 25-06-2011

Just gone through the heat listings! With some good weather and such a great turnout, this looks to be a promising days racing.

From seasoned National Drivers, Top regional drivers, 1/8th scale national drivers dabbling in the 10th and of course there infamous tri-chump monkey cup. George is looking to wrap up the 4WD champs. Jonathan Brown has his secret Tesco-Tonka-Toy to come an blow the 2WD wide open and I sense a certain Mr Watkins is looking to put his best foot forward for the junior champs.

Heat listings are currently being verified after an earlier submission and will be posted and emailed tomorrow so everyone knows in advance where they are.

Looks like
9 x Heats Consisting of
Heat 1 - Nitro (6)
Heat 2 - 2WD Regional (6)
Heat 3 - 2WD Regional (6)
Heat 4 - 2WD MERCC OPEN (8)
Heat 5 - 2WD MERCC Club Champs (8)
Heat 6 - 4WD Regional (6)
Heat 7 - 4WD Regional (7)
Heat 8 - 4WD MERCC Club Champs (7)
Heat 9 - Nitro (6)
Old 25-06-2011

Oh yeah...... that means (and no pressure) Mr Parry, but you'll be showing the TLR22's the way round
Old 25-06-2011

Default Provisional Heat Listing for Sunday 26th June

PDF CLICKY
Old 25-06-2011
Mad Member

Jesus! Dont fancy our chances in the open 2wd at all...
Old 25-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Jesus! Dont fancy our chances in the open 2wd at all...
You're off first - They'll never catch you

Joking aside - PM sent and adjustments being made.
Old 25-06-2011

Thumbs up Shorts weather

Lookin very good 4 2moroHOT weather and HOT racin
Does the nitro racin come with ear plugs!!!!
Cant w8 4 jcb to show off his new (KYOSHO, TAMIYA,DURANGO,TEAM LOSI,MARDAVE,TEAM ASSOCIATED,ANSMANN,SCHUMACHER....)
and put his hat in the ring too.
I hope u National boys come down, the racin is always GR8 to watch.
C U TRACKSIDE
Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

Thanks to all at MERCC for a nice days racing, even if it did go on and on and on, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and thats all that counts I guess.

Well done to all the winners of the day

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 27-06-2011

I would also like to thank mercc for a good days racing, and also to Ben, George and everyone else who helped me out at my first 1/10th meeting, I had a really good time with the Associated. Got a few things to improve on the car, and build up a selection of tyres!
Looking forward to the next round,
Thanks again,
Barry.
Old 27-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Thanks to all at MERCC for a nice days racing, even if it did go on and on and on, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and thats all that counts I guess.

Well done to all the winners of the day
WHAT A MORNING, DAY, EVENING, NIGHT........

I want to congratulate everyone who drove very well and very clean.

Especially Simon and George who were toe to toe all day in both classes.

Well done John M, for TQ in the 4WD and we are now even on points with Simon Watson on the chase.

I'm keeping this short until I get all the results together but I think I mostly want to say thank you to those who had to drive very long ways and were in great spirits all the way to the end.

Thanks to all the "stand in" marshalls too.......... Details and updates to follow.......
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Really enjoyed sunday, worth the travel. Really sorry we couldn't stay for the last leg but it was getting late. (Still didn't get home till 8pm due to accident on A120)

Must say track hasn't really changed must since i last raced there at the BRCA National 1998!!!!!
Old 28-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodelweek View Post
I would also like to thank mercc for a good days racing, and also to Ben, George and everyone else who helped me out at my first 1/10th meeting, I had a really good time with the Associated. Got a few things to improve on the car, and build up a selection of tyres!
Looking forward to the next round,
Thanks again,
Barry.
You're welcome

At Coastal - George went very well with Schuey cut staggers on the front and Schuey Yellow Mini Spikes on the rear. If it's wet, ballistic greens - (Don't buy any of these - I have spares BNIP if you need them on the day Save you a few pennies and it will help me lighten the stock of tyres I have)

There is a rumour that the D-Boots will work well at Coastal, but I will strongly suggest a squidgy insert. Mr O's will work nicely. Anything firm is a disaster as I proved this weekend.

RESULTS ARE POSTED!

Turns out George hasn't quite crossed the line just yet in the 4WD. There is mathematically one person left in the chase now and that's John Myall. After securing TQ and second place overall in round 4, John will need to take maximum points from the last remaining rounds with help from people like myself and Simon Watson. A tall order, but without permutations; ifs, buts and maybes, commentators would be out of work!

George slapped in another sterling performance in the 2WD to take another maximum points round. This win does make the 2WD permutations a little more interesting. Simon Watson is the closest in battle (as proved in Sundays toe to toe racing) and will be requiring at least one maximum and overall win to take the title. But two maximums to Dave Evans or Jonathan Brown and George staying out of the top two will also give them the title. Roll on Round 4!

Congratulations to Thomas Watkins. Another B-Final win and bagging a few more points toward the junior title. Lewis Cocksedge, (Master Watkins closest challenger) now having finished his exams, may look to return to the challenge for the series junior title. The rumour mill has it that Lewis is looking to aid his efforts with some new wheels.

ROUND 5, the penultimate round, is on JULY 17th @ Coastal in Ipswich. Will one, two or WILL NO titles be decided!?

Last edited by Benh; 28-06-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Spelling!