Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 04-06-2010

Default Ansmann SC truck...

One thing I'm a bit concerned about the new Ansmann SC is it's price...

The basic kit is almost £90...that's almost the same as the X-Pro..but..the SC is still at the base level a Mad Rat with a bit of extra plastic. I don't think these basically cosmetic changes to the base chassis justifies double the price of the Mad Rat...

Thoughts ?...

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 04-06-2010

you are getting new wheels and tyres a bigger body and the mounts front and rear is quite a bit more than just a small mount on a madrat

and the xt pro is now at £131.99 not £90 and the mad rat rtr is at £94.99 so in all fairness the sc is not a bad price if you think about it
Old 04-06-2010

But it does look strangely small compared to the SC10's and similar??
Associated B4RS (Spek, Castle MM/5700KV, Lipo)
Associated SC10 (Spek, Novak/8.5 Turnigy, Lipo)
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamxray View Post
you are getting new wheels and tyres a bigger body and the mounts front and rear is quite a bit more than just a small mount on a madrat

and the xt pro is now at £131.99 not £90 and the mad rat rtr is at £94.99 so in all fairness the sc is not a bad price if you think about it
In fairness for £94.99 with an rtr Madrat you are getting all the transmitters etc... the base kit is still under £50. I still fail to see how a larger sheet of lexen (bodyshell) black wheels and a few bumpers and roll cage style elements justifies doubling the price of the base chassis...

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 05-06-2010

Which Short course? the old one that's smaller than the legal size? or the new one that's out soon?. The old one you can get as a $50 kit to go on the madrat, You get all the wheels and tyres, body, a Stadium Truck chassis and some different gearing. That's a good deal but it's better to wait for the full size one
Old 05-06-2010
Thieving scumbag

he is on about the one that is small its different to the madrat it has a different front plate chassis different gearing and also the bumpers and the gearing also it has a few other bits like angled rod ends the plastics seem to be the graphite plastics as they were rock hard when i put it together
Old 05-06-2010

Yep, that's the one I have the conversion kit for, you get all the parts that are different and a new bag of screws. http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?op...=493&Itemid=71

I would agree if you are only changing the parts to a Short Course the price of the full kit has no reason to be more than $10 more than the Stadium truck, which itself is normally $10 more than the buggy (at the most and the same price often)

I would have converted the madrat into a (too short, too narrow) short course but I decided I like it as a buggy more. I also decided if I was going to have a truck then it better be a Stadium Truck and keep it real so I got one of those instead.

There's suppose to be a longer/wider one in the works at some stage. Don't know if Ansmann will swap to the newer one when it's finished but TQ racing and Team C usa are keen for it
Old 05-06-2010

I hope Ansmann do pic up the new 'legal' one...

I would like a SC of some kind...the X4 pro version would be nice, if it's legal...is it legal?.. does anyone know ?..

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 05-06-2010

Associated's brushless RTR SC10 is almost out, It's more expensive than the B4 and T4 and they've recently bumped the prices up on that whole range, I guess they realised nothing else was comparable price vs performance and figured it would still sell with another 20 bucks slapped on it, but still 260 USD? it's hard to beat that once you buy a truck, motor/esc and radio