Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 02-05-2010

The majority of the screws on a rat are 2mm and I had the same issues as you nicefrog - definately worth investing in some stainless screws and I changed most to cap head as those use a 2.5mm Allen key and far better. Takes all the stress out of swapping a broken bit if you can do it without the screw head rounding off!
Losi XXX4 G+
Azarashi Mad Rat
Old 03-05-2010

Yeah it's weird I seemed to have no problem with one kit and then the next I had a lot of trouble, it really felt like the screws were harder on one than the other so maybe they vary a bit. But I'll defiantly be upgrading the bolts to something a bit beefier on the parts that need to come apart for repairs/maintenance, 2.5 cap head sounds ideal. The standard ones are just too shallow in the head and too tight for multiple pull aparts
Old 03-05-2010

Default Shock Oil Chart

Thought this could be helpful for others too

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8306/capturegd.jpg
Old 03-05-2010

Default Dampers

One more question: Are theese dampers any good or it just don't worth the money?
http://www.ansmannstore.com/radio-co...um-shocks.html
Amax Torche Pro monster truck
Old 04-05-2010

I've got a set of these and they're ok but need a bit of messing with - over damped with 20 oil so need larger holes in the piston and the seals leaked too. Replacing with the kit seals sorts this.

On the plus side, they're cheap and don't get the tops ripped off like the Mad Rat stock shocks do.
Losi XXX4 G+
Azarashi Mad Rat
Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannow View Post
I've got a set of these and they're ok but need a bit of messing with - over damped with 20 oil so need larger holes in the piston and the seals leaked too. Replacing with the kit seals sorts this.

On the plus side, they're cheap and don't get the tops ripped off like the Mad Rat stock shocks do.
Thanks Shannow! So it would be a bargain upgrade for the Mad Rat. Many people are using tuning shocks from other makers, but I cannot invest in those for now.
Old 04-05-2010

We've also got those shocks on our 2 (4 pairs); Same reason - they were cheap; Same sort of experience - need working on-
A couple of pairs needed the o-rings replacing immediately due to leaking.... used the shafts and rings out of the kit shocks.
Broke the top mount on 1.

Overall though, they are a vast improvement on the plastic kit shocks and a good measure. Will probabely upgrade to B4 shocks later because of the availabilty of parts.
Old 04-05-2010

Yes....I also thought of upgrading to B4 shocks, I have a shop here which can bring me of those. Only that they are quite expensive.
Old 05-05-2010

zagonielod, I got some pictures for you of mine for inspiration while you wait, just standard with those hybrid half stock half 3racing shocks and a bigger spur gear. I'm still waiting on my brushless esc so just running on the standard motor which actually goes pretty good, probably jumping 12 feet over the only littleish jump in the backyard track that's built so far (I'm making everything about old school 10th scale size so the track isn't very wide and the jumps are small) , I haven't made the two landing ramps yet so it's just been landing on the chassis for reliability testing so far , no damage at all so far not even the rear Tpiece and it flys really straight and will nose down just right off throttle which will be perfect once the landings are made, it's almost impossible to crash really. I pulled the stickers of that stupid rat off the car, seems I forgot to remove the ansmann one off the back, but that's going too since I have lots of Team C stickers now. I'm going to try and remove the paint from the body, I think it's possible

The line on the ground in this picture below is where the 3rd ramp will be I can't clear it at the height the ramp will be at yet so I need a bit more power

If you fly off the side of the ramp you might land on the rocks in the background so they keep your concentration up
Old 05-05-2010

Very nice pics !
Old 06-05-2010

I've got the 60amp EZrun esc now and a Yeah Racing 13T brushless. Really cheap setup but I think I'll be in for a large power gain when I try it out tomorrow . Might take some more pictures and get the rest of that jump and a few more corners finished. Once I see how this performs I'll have more of an idea what to do with the Team C stadium truck
Old 06-05-2010

Hallo M8s. Been realy bissy at work for the last week and had no news about when my car would show up but today I finaly got some news!.

Hopefully it will be with my tonight or tomorrow. Man cant wait .

Still waiting for allot of things for the car like bearings, esc and stuff but I think I´l start working on the car as soon as I get it.

Im allso gonna put some stuff up on my blog about the build and setups etc.

/Fredrik
Old 06-05-2010

Hey Fredrik!
You WILL start building it FOR SURE! I also started from the moment I got it (with sorting out the parts in small "open/close" bags )
I also thought of taking pictures and show them to people, but..... so many have done it before, and they have done it well So I've abandoned the idea.
Same situation here. Waiting for the bearings to arrive.... The mate have told me that he will post them tuesday. So I am waiting. But not passively I have assembled the whole car allready( Couldn't wait ) I will disassemble it when the bearings arrive. It will be just a perfect practice for the cases when something brakes, or just a way to learn my new car better
I have taken out the sistem from my Torche Pro. It is a HSP 13,5T brushless motor with a Novatech 70A ESC, a Tower Pro MG995 servo, and for now I'll use it with a Team Orion "Rocket Pack" 3300mAh battery. (I have a Zippy 3S 5000mAh lipo, but I wouldn't risk to use it, cas it broke some parts in the monster(like axel or a dog bone :P ) but....hey ....it doesn't even fit in there I will sell it and buy 2 lipos with 2S
What do the others say?
Old 06-05-2010

You can't use a 3s lipo in 10th scale racing anyway as far as I know?. I'm going to get 2 x 3200 or 3600 2s lipos from dinball (rcmart) on ebay.

Have you seen the new parts on Team C america? they have a crush tube to cure the front axel bearing bind, a new steel idler gear and some other stuff now

http://www.teamcamerica.com/shopcart...dex&cPath=2_13
Old 07-05-2010

I got the EZrun 60A esc, really good, I'm impressed with it for the money.
I think I should have went a few turns less though. The 13T is fast but it's no real hassle for me to drive it at full power and I'm by no means skilled . I'll try more gearing at some stage, it's really still quite fast as it is and might be hard to drive in a bashing truck. But I just think this car can handle a fair bit more power than that. So with the Stadium truck version I'll go for a faster motor and if it's too much I can lower the power in the esc or throttle setup or my finger
Old 07-05-2010

so you say, my 13,5T motor isn't fast enough?
I have a Novatech 70A ESC with it. I'm wondering.... would it be enough to buy only a better motor, or I should buy a whole sistem to make it better?
I have some questions in the woody's thread. Can you tell something for those?
Old 07-05-2010

You can choose a better motor, it will be enough for the moment, I think.
I should say, with a 70A esc, you can choose max 7.5T, that is a great power. I have a 8.5T and the top speed and power is very good.

The experience tell me, you will always want more power. I'm sure some week you annouce us you bought a Tekin RSpro combo with a 6.5T redline and you find it's just good
I'll do some day
Old 07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedal View Post
You can choose a better motor, it will be enough for the moment, I think.
I should say, with a 70A esc, you can choose max 7.5T, that is a great power. I have a 8.5T and the top speed and power is very good.

The experience tell me, you will always want more power. I'm sure some week you annouce us you bought a Tekin RSpro combo with a 6.5T redline and you find it's just good
I'll do some day
not too probably...... I don't have money for that.
I almost forgot why do I have to buy a new ESC.... this one is so big, it barely fits in even on the battery holder. The space where it should be isn't big enough.
What is actually the phenomenon when changing to a lower T motor?
Old 07-05-2010

The less turns is more revs and more speed . I think I'll go for a 8.5 or something like that for the Stadium truck. With the 13T (3000KV) it can reach top speed almost instantly which is good, plenty of torque, it just doesn't seem to leave much on the table for when I have more skills that's all. I'll get a video of it over the weekend if I don't break it beforehand . If you need to get a smaller esc do that and then practice your driving on your 13.5 turn for a while and see if you need more power then. But I think you will want a bigger pinion gear than the stock one
Old 07-05-2010

Can't wait for that video
Here there will be a race sunday if it won't rain. It is an outdoor track outside the city.
Unfortunately I can't even be there (telling this because my bearings still didn't arrive) cas I'll have concert sunday (yes, I am a musician. I am cellist )
Ok, I got the basic ideea now. Thanks! I have to gather some money than and buy that EZRUN 8,5T combo. Especially for the smaller ESC, which hopefully will fit in there.
BTW! could you kedal post a picture of your cars interior? Or you have in on your blog right? Have to check it