Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 14-06-2010

Default mad rat

hi, can someone tell me what wheels will fit my mates mad rat also the top shaft on gearbox has a lot of float when running? is this common???also played with clutch but does not seem to respond to adjustment your thoughts gentlemen??????

Last edited by Stu; 17-06-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 14-06-2010

Any 12mm (2.2) hex wheel will fit (tamiya, Kyosho, Fastrax, proline etc etc)

If the Slipper is not tightening remember to have wheels on and apply some pressure with your thumb to the spur gear, if that does not do the trick the diff needs to be tightened first, adjust the small Phillips screw IN the drive shaft...

Not sure why you would have much 'float' ... sorry can't make any suggestions..

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 15-06-2010

has it got bearings in the car or still using bushings?
Old 15-06-2010
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey View Post
hi, can someone tell me what wheels will fit my mates (mad crap,) sorry mad rat also the top shaft on gearbox has a lot of float when running? is this common???also played with clutch but does not seem to respond to adjustment your thoughts gentlemen??????
and this says so much about your brain cell count to be fair i am surprised you can make it through doors
Old 15-06-2010

Classic case of Team Associated complex , no one else that runs any other make talks down other cars like that
Old 15-06-2010

thanks for coments and tips , i for one have associated cars that are ten years old and are still going strong? will these???
Old 15-06-2010

Who knows, they ain't been out that long - I see no reason why not tho. As for the comments, you come on here asking for help while calling the car crap, I'm surprised you got as many honest and decent answers as you did.
Losi XXX4 G+
Azarashi Mad Rat
Old 15-06-2010

I love the Ansmann community ... always helpful for the most part

And i really do believe that these cars will be around in 10 years yes...

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 16-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
Classic case of Team Associated complex , no one else that runs any other make talks down other cars like that
I don't think that is fair, anyone can slate an Ansmann, as they are gash. Whereas when somebody slates another brand it is debatable and down to opinion.
Old 16-06-2010
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
I don't think that is fair, anyone can slate an Ansmann, as they are gash. Whereas when somebody slates another brand it is debatable and down to opinion.
Dito Mr Long. What you are forgetting is the price of these cars. 50% less than all other products.Yes there are issues but things are changing. AR do not have the Full Complementry of TEAM drivers getting paid to test these products. Us at the track are doing this so this takes time. You know all this!
Old 16-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats true, and with continued development and the willingness/enthusiasm of the brand to progress, it will become very successful.

For the money it is great value, but owners have got to expect it to require modding, and not to be suprised at other people having a dig at it. Don't get upset by it, just take pride in proving doubters wrong! Its just the way people are.

Example: We used to slate Skoda's, and it was justified, Skoda owners either had a sense of humour or didn't care. But now Skoda's have progressed, built by VW, and they are excellent cars! its the same sort of thing.

Maybe I worded my previous post on the negative side , im trying to add a positive twist to it here.
Old 16-06-2010

thanks i did not want to offend you all but you get stick at race meeting and have a good bit of banter, so dont take it all so seriously lifes to short????
Old 16-06-2010
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Thats true, and with continued development and the willingness/enthusiasm of the brand to progress, it will become very successful.

For the money it is great value, but owners have got to expect it to require modding, and not to be suprised at other people having a dig at it. Don't get upset by it, just take pride in proving doubters wrong! Its just the way people are.

Example: We used to slate Skoda's, and it was justified, Skoda owners either had a sense of humour or didn't care. But now Skoda's have progressed, built by VW, and they are excellent cars! its the same sort of thing.

Maybe I worded my previous post on the negative side , im trying to add a positive twist to it here.
Well said mate.

You first of all was saying to others that its not good slagging products off the you slagged it off yourself.

Nice recovery though.
Old 16-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Get out of anything me mate!
Old 17-06-2010

i ran a macnum for a bit and found it a good car, when you spend so little on a car you should expect parts made from cheeper materials, but a little knowlage goes along way, and you can tweek the car to how you want, but it also shows how mutch other companies are making on their kits.