Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013

Question 20 years out and thinking of coming back

Hi All,

Firstly a big thanks to Apex Models who took me through everything that was new and what I would need to come racing. I will be going back to them to order all my gear if I take that step (pretty much a given).

I raced at a national level in the Tamiya F1 and Salon classes when it first came out (I raced off road before this). I used to race CAT and then the Pro CAT and I have seen that a new version is now out called the K1.

I'm very interested in competitive racing and noticed from your boards that the 4WD section is rather lacking numbers but this what I used to do and 2WD back in the day really did not do it for me.

I plan on coming down this Thursday to see what is what and have a look at both classes. I would be interested in knowing the kind of kit being used and with Apex just around the corner spares should not be an issue.

I have been looking online and after going to Apex I think I have steered away from the K1 and looking at least for 4WD at the Xray XB4 but open to 2WD if it looks like fun.

Any information greatly appreciated on motors that people run as well as tyres etc.

I look forward to the replies and seeing people on Thursday night.

Again thanks Apex Models (I came in last night shaved head.. ginger beard)