Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Large Scale / Petrol Powered

Old 23-06-2011

Default Largescale "bashers workshop" invitation

Hi Guys, details below:

'Largescale Offroad Workshop'

Date: Saturday 13th August 2011

Location: Notts and Derby Offroad Track .. NDOR.. www.ndor.co.uk

Cost: £5.00 per driver (this is the clubs standard fee for a practice session)
Food : Cafe on site.

Aim of the Day: To have fun!!! out on the track with your mates, gain advice on driving and car setup to improve those times and enjoy yourselves.

People penciled in to help you out and give advice are Current British & European champion largescale off road driver and top class engine tuner Ian Oddie, CML Distribution FTX Team driver Steve Haynes, MCD expert national driver Dave Smith along with team drivers from H.A.R.M, FG and Contrast. There will also be some BRCA officials there to answer any questions you might have.

See you there
Old 28-06-2011

Hi Guys, we're getting to the time where we're looking to see how many people we might get coming along to this event. Needless to say there are a lot of peole putting time and travelling costs into making it happen for something that could be of benefit to you.

Please could you put your name down then copy & paste the list with the additional names.

Many thanks, Mike
Old 28-06-2011

Any shops Mike, so those who attend can see what stuff is available, and support the day with spares etc?
Old 28-06-2011

We've asked Christos the marketing director of HPI Europe if they'd be interested in sending some people down and He though there was a good chance of a couple of people with a gazebo with new bits & cars to show off.

We've also asked Freeprawn racing and PG Racing if they'd like to attend.

To be honest, the day isn't aimed in any way at selling you stuff but to help people sort out issues. Give hints and tips of easier or dare I say better ways of maintaining your cars and giving other ideas and suggestions for set ups. It's a good way for racers to meet bashers (and vice versa) and to see how each others cars can perform, not to mention having a play on one of the best tracks in the country.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 28-06-2011

You're right, you have a great venue for sure. I'm also sure bashers and newcomers to the sport would thoroughly enjoy a days racing on a good track... Of course, I think the big jump in front of the rostrum is a must have feature for your day.

It's good to see you are promoting the large scale section (and your venue) Hope you get a good turn out!
Old 28-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
You're right, you have a great venue for sure. I'm also sure bashers and newcomers to the sport would thoroughly enjoy a days racing on a good track... Of course, I think the big jump in front of the rostrum is a must have feature for your day.

It's good to see you are promoting the large scale section (and your venue) Hope you get a good turn out!
Thanks for that, we just thought it might be a good idea to see if we try and close the void a bit between bashers and racers and help a few guys out along the way. I'm not anything to do with the venue other than being a fan of it. We picked Notts & Derby because it's the most central place thats largescale freindly. I know 2 of the guys who are coming down to help out and advise have a 200 mile round trip just to attend.
Old 30-06-2011

It`s a good idea Mike,but you might be better off pitching the idea/day on MSUK and/or Maxbashing if they are still going.
Good luck.

cheers,
Simon.
Old 30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
It`s a good idea Mike,but you might be better off pitching the idea/day on MSUK and/or Maxbashing if they are still going.
Good luck.

cheers,
Simon.
Already have done bud, it would appear that people on those forums know everything there is to know about largescale judging by some of the pm's which is fine, there are plenty who've shown interest and want to meet the guys, have a play on the track and get some ideas from other people.

The thing with this is, if people turn up - fantastic, if not then we can play on the track anyway, it's not as though we're going to loose vast chuncks of money or anything because we've never though of doing for money.
Old 06-07-2011

Question baja 5b club racing

Hi there.

i've been trying to get 1/5 scale involved in my local club but since a noise complaint was made by one person, the council have point blank refused me permission to run large scale. have anyone encounterd this and how did you get round it?

cheers..Alan

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 08-07-2011

Was it a local resident who complained? I have heard this before and there have been clubs that have closed due to this reason - Tibself being one of them.
I've known a club in Holland buy the complaining residents son and RC car and free membership which worked but another alternative is a long range sniper rifle.
Old 08-08-2011

Event cancelled due to lack of interest/commitment.