Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 28-04-2013

Default Coastal R2 Results

Results can be found here

http://www.coastalrc.webspace.virgin...tg90/index.htm
Old 29-04-2013
Mad Member

Great meeting yesterday, well done to Barry, Ian, Linda, Tim, Jane & the rest of the Coastal team for a well run day

The track was miles better then last time, although the contrast between needing grip for the astro, and the dry dirt parts made for some interesting tyre choices!

Well done to Rob on the 4wd win, next time I'll do the practice & find the best tyres the week before to

Good racing with Mr Hubbard in the finals, almost beaten by my own shocks
Old 29-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Good racing with Mr Hubbard in the finals, almost beaten by my own shocks
Would have been a "shock"ing result if it were anything else. Thanks for the shocks. Nice to get a slice of the dark-art and be able to get on and drive.

Big thanks to all involved as a huge amount of work went in. I believe all of those mention above gave up their entire day to run the meeting - none of them raced.

Very much looking forward to Round 3. (I hear Sky Sports are sending another reporter - the last one got fired (from a canon) )
Old 29-04-2013

I found the track was a challenge when it got cut up are you planning on astro turfing all of it and what tyres where you all using not sure my spikes wherebthe correct choice.
Old 29-04-2013
Mad Member

Really enjoyed racing on the Coastal track, thought the track flowed nicely despite some of the bumps and did enjoy the changing grip levels of astro and dirt.

Thanks to Barry for marshalling the second and third leg finals after a painful experience with a 4wd in the first leg or should that be my ankle!! Also thanks to Dan for his ice pack and the two ladies of the medical team (sorry can't remember names!!)

Thanks to all involved for running a well organised and friendly meeting.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 29-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Great meeting yesterday, well done to Barry, Ian, Linda, Tim, Jane & the rest of the Coastal team for a well run day
+1 . Had a good day and understanding the car too. Juttie, i was on d-boots nano's A compound, i think if my car was better setup it would of been really good as i had loads of grip and could usually outbreak or accelerate most cars it was just getting it round the corner i was struggling with.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 29-04-2013

It did get dusty, but it was uber consistent. My times over full race distance covered no more than a 3 second spread across the day.

Rob York was running Terrabytes in B. I used ballistic greens early before switching to soft pro-lines. But Wrighty was much quicker than me on Yellow Schumachers. The biggest leap for me was patience with the power coming out of the corners and changing the awful brake settings on the ESC.

Coastal are looking to Astro the whole track but it only landed a couple of weeks ago and they want to do it right, do it once.
Old 29-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juttie View Post
I found the track was a challenge when it got cut up are you planning on astro turfing all of it and what tyres where you all using not sure my spikes wherebthe correct choice.
Yes we have the astro, but will incorporate some undulations into it
Old 29-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
It did get dusty, but it was uber consistent. My times over full race distance covered no more than a 3 second spread across the day.

Rob York was running Terrabytes in B. I used ballistic greens early before switching to soft pro-lines. But Wrighty was much quicker than me on Yellow Schumachers. The biggest leap for me was patience with the power coming out of the corners and changing the awful brake settings on the ESC.

Coastal are looking to Astro the whole track but it only landed a couple of weeks ago and they want to do it right, do it once.

I learnt many years ago if the car is good on the first tyre you choose wait and let the track come to you ...hence i didnt change tyres yellow mini spikes will nearly always be my first choice and i have a few sets all at diffrent wear levels..however i think terrabytes where a fraction better than yellow mini spikes
Old 30-04-2013

i really enjoyed the meeting, well until the 3rd leg of the final when my car came to a suden halt by smacking the end of a piece of pipe on the straight. i think we all felt it standing up there. expecting my car to be in pieces when all i had done was break the plastic ball joint off the top link. track raced alot better than i first thought and made for some great close battles. i wont name names for fear of missing someone out but a big thank you to all the coastal crew.
roll on colchester/lawford.
Old 01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
+1 . Had a good day and understanding the car too. Juttie, i was on d-boots nano's A compound, i think if my car was better setup it would of been really good as i had loads of grip and could usually outbreak or accelerate most cars it was just getting it round the corner i was struggling with.

+2 enjoyed the challenge of mixed surfaces and wheel to wheel racing