Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 07-04-2016

Hi, to lower the overall weight you could try the new Absima Low centre of gravity shorty lipos. These weigh around 50g-100g lighter than saddle lipos but also give you more options for weight distribution and of course a lower CoG.

http://www.insidelinemodels.com/insi...mm-4mm-tubes-p
Old 07-04-2016

I have quite a bit of weight in the car I could remove and still maintain the balance. I was wondering if it was worth trying bearing in mind all of the testing which was done some time ago now. Thanks for the response :-)
Old 15-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
I have quite a bit of weight in the car I could remove and still maintain the balance. I was wondering if it was worth trying bearing in mind all of the testing which was done some time ago now. Thanks for the response :-)
Adding weight where the weight distribution remains the same is flaky science. (Ducks)
Old 16-04-2016

When the X Factory drivers were testing, I believe they found the extra weight was better. I was wondering if the same could be said today?
Old 16-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
When the X Factory drivers were testing, I believe they found the extra weight was better. I was wondering if the same could be said today?
It was, is and always will be complete nonsense. If you don't believe me, check with any qualified motorsport engineer, in any class, worldwide including the off road ones (apart from tractor pulling maybe!). Sure, if you have your car working good with NiMh cells and then lose loads of weight going to lipo, your old setup isn't going to work probably, you need to change it. Anyhoo, suck it and see. If you are still on small bore associated shocks the Ghea #2 Pistons or losi orange worked pretty good at the rear running at 1500g. Run the shorty lipo front to back too to get more weight over the front. Simple Dremel job.