Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 26-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
For those who could not get to the AGM , there was a lengthy discussion on the battery list.
I've asked sir Paul to put some info out in print to advice you the driver why the list etc and also about the responabilties of product liability and how it effects you, to clarify a few things once and for all

So list stays, good call
Old 26-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
For those who could not get to the AGM , there was a lengthy discussion on the battery list.
I've asked sir Paul to put some info out in print to advice you the driver why the list etc and also about the responabilties of product liability and how it effects you, to clarify a few things once and for all
What was the vote, did they pass dropping the EB list for regionals?
Old 26-10-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
That was the story in the past Matt, but this year from my understanding the regions were informed that the regional series MUST be run in accordance with the rules laid down in the BRCA manual.

As for batteries, yes Gens Ace are cheap, but more often than not when I looked, what I needed wasn't in stock and needing batteries at the time for the kids, unfortunately the only place that did was HobbyKing. So, serviceable lipo's bought due to the 'budget' ones on the list being unavailable.
Please see rule 2.2 - Note, I have no idea (or interest) what the variation rules actually are.

http://www.brca.org/content/2014-rules/18573
Old 26-10-2014

Yeah, seen that already, it is more about how the meeting is run rather than the EB list etc
Old 26-10-2014

Quote:
What was the vote, did they pass dropping the EB list for regionals?
No the proposal was withdrawn

Hence my post. so the list stays, good call
Old 27-10-2014

Why was it withdrawn, did the proposer withdraw it?
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Why was it withdrawn, did the proposer withdraw it?
They saw sence.

Only proposer and seconder can withdraw them I believe.

Last edited by mark christopher; 27-10-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 27-10-2014

If I was a retailer I wouldn't want hobbyking products homologated. But as a racer I do.
Old 27-10-2014

In that respect, ANY distributor would not want any competition in the market....
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
If I was a retailer I wouldn't want hobbyking products homologated. But as a racer I do.
+1 for that comment HK products are so popular now and they offer excellent value for money. I know this has been discussed several times but they really do need homogolating. If the list is to stay then they need to be on it!!

The reality is that the market is changing so retailers have to also (when I say retailers I don't just mean shops, but manufacturers and distributors also).

I've refrained from saying this in the past but I get a bit sick of people who slate racers who use Hobbyking instead of "supporting uk Hobbystores"

What Hobbyking have shown is that high quality electrics can be imported and sold from a UK warehouse for a fraction of the cost. I've had great service from them so far so will continue to use them.

I do however use my LHS, for other RC goodies: this morning I needed a new TC shell so went to PBM and had excellent service there and a nice chat with a friendly face - something that HK can't do.
Old 27-10-2014

Your LHS could never EVER match the price of HobbyKing, for starters most distributors require you to have a premisis with which a customer can visit, also a shop window. Secondly, if you take product X, it is designed, sent out for manufacturing (they make their markup), sold then (normally) to a distributor in the UK (for a small profit), who then sells it to a shop (for a small profit) who then sells it to you (for a small profit), in the mean time, they also got to factor in insurance, employing people, office space etc....

So, what if, like HK, they sell direct to you through outlets, great you get cheap products but very little in the way of support etc (try sending stuff back to Hobbyking, it takes AGES!!).

So there are swings and roundabouts to the system we have in place now. But all this is mute, the proposal about the EB list was withdrawn (would love to know the reason why), we still have a top down system rather than a system encouraging grass roots, it is what it is.
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

If you run Hobbyking lipos (or other cells not on the EB) and they exploded and injure a 3rd party, will the brca insurance cover the liability? would it cover an individual who, in the same scenario above, was using cells on the EB list?
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
If you run Hobbyking lipos (or other cells not on the EB) and they exploded and injure a 3rd party, will the brca insurance cover the liability? would it cover an individual who, in the same scenario above, was using cells on the EB list?
It depends if the marshal was on his/her marshalling point, lol
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 27-10-2014

It will be interesting to see now if the BRCA are insisting on the rules what else will get checked and if people decide to vote with their feet and not attend regionals (not everyone is bothered about getting a grade as 80% aren't interested in racing the Nationals) and clubs start to lose numbers to the oOoos etc or people just decide to run in the open class instead.

I'm also intrigued as they seem to be on a crusade regarding batteries safety etc that in rallyx nationals will they ask for the receiver batteries (Nimh, lipo and life) to be homologated as I don't see a difference between them and lipos (they can still catch fire and explode etc). Same could be said for any gas powered car I suppose.
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 27-10-2014

Im all for supporting shops but I won't pay double for batteries, the ebuggy 1/8 nationals don't have any restrictions as they don't have the numbers to be choosy. Don't remember anyone going up in flames either.
Old 27-10-2014
Banned

This is farcical. So the same governing body has one rule for one lot and another rule for another lot. Surely the least we should hope to expect from the mandarins is consistency across classes?
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Same goes for the BRCA Micro Nationals, they use soft case lipo's , most are HK bought

Surely a Lipo is a Lipo, do the BRCA test the Lipo's that are submitted to extremes to see if it will take abuse like over charging at above C ratings to see if they catch fire.

Do they preform an NCAP test to see if they can take impact damage.

I'm having a laugh here really but all we are talking about is if the manufacturer/ importer submits the pack for testing !

Can we are racers / purchasers and ultimately the supporters of this sport submit the Lipo pack for testing as it us that have to spend our hard earned cash on these over priced submitted packs?
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 27-10-2014

Has anybody actually gone through the 'approved' list to source some of the more obscure lipos listed on it from a UK reseller??
Old 27-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp102 View Post
This is farcical. So the same governing body has one rule for one lot and another rule for another lot. Surely the least we should hope to expect from the mandarins is consistency across classes?
My point exactly

As you can clearly read the 2014 rules don't list any rules regarding the batteries apart from not adding cells to packs used in transmitters. No list of approved batteries though for the car

What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say......

http://www.brca.org/sites/www.brca.o...014-FINAL.docx
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 27-10-2014

here is a thought!

instead of you all moaning on here you can not use the lipos from hk,

WHY NOT, drop them an email, get them to pay £40 and submit all their batteries, and actually get them on the list. IF their that ok, they will pass and you will all be able to find some thing else to moan about and blame the BRCA!
just a though