Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 25-04-2019

Whoa whoa whoa, let's all chill out with my post. Not once did I call this a bad move by them I said it was disappointing. I find it disappointing that this car has been about for a while now and that the team drivers got them a few days after announcement but yet the parts were not ready for general release. The car doesn't use that many new bits and most are available as spare parts apart from (last night at least) gear box top shocks front. Another disappointing aspect was that most found this out through a model shop email rather than schumacher themselves. I was really hoping mine would be for the regional next week as my KC has a bent chassis and didn't want to order one.
Old 25-04-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, let's all chill out with my post. Not once did I call this a bad move by them I said it was disappointing. I find it disappointing that this car has been about for a while now and that the team drivers got them a few days after announcement but yet the parts were not ready for general release. The car doesn't use that many new bits and most are available as spare parts apart from (last night at least) gear box top shocks front. Another disappointing aspect was that most found this out through a model shop email rather than schumacher themselves. I was really hoping mine would be for the regional next week as my KC has a bent chassis and didn't want to order one.
as i have said your going on rumours not fact by your own admission!

I have an excellent solution for you...... buy a LD one as its will fit your kc! im sure you know its in stock.

Last edited by mark christopher; 25-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 25-04-2019

Whether new parts or current parts I imagine Schumacher expect to sell hundreds if not more of these cars I'd be very surprised if they keep that amount of stock in spares, so I'm sure what ever part their having issues with couldn't just be replaced in the hundreds off the shelf.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 25-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
as i have said your going on rumours not fact by your own admission!

I have an excellent solution for you...... buy a LD one as its will fit your kc! im sure you know its in stock.
It's a fact the team drivers got them, 2 of them had them at our 1st reg. It's a fact the car has been around for a while as Yardy said on a podcast they have been testing for some time with it and was at the mkgp. It's a fact the car doesn't use that many new parts. It's a fact that that MB let people know before Schumacher did.
Yes I know it fits and yes have seen it in stock but will not be buying it.
Old 25-04-2019

Quote:
It's a fact the team drivers got them, 2 of them had them at our 1st reg. It's a fact the car has been around for a while as Yardy said on a podcast they have been testing for some time with it and was at the mkgp. It's a fact the car doesn't use that many new parts. It's a fact that that MB let people know before Schumacher did.
Yes I know it fits and yes have seen it in stock but will not be buying it.
so what part are you claiming they are waiting for and is in stock?

thats the part your post states to be a rumour, and i quoted your post stating that!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...1&postcount=38

i also dont see the issue with there and i quote you "not many new parts" the kc is a very good car, its been refined, not redesigned!

Last edited by mark christopher; 25-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 25-04-2019

Quote:
so what part are you claiming they are waiting for and is in stock?

thats the part your post states to be a rumour, and i quoted your post stating that!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...1&postcount=38
I said the rumour was to around the diff but also said those parts were in stock. I did not say it was the diff.The part I think they are having issues with is the gearbox top shocks front as that is the part that as of yesterday is not in stock.
Old 25-04-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
I said the rumour was to around the diff but also said those parts were in stock. I did not say it was the diff.The part I think they are having issues with is the gearbox top shocks front as that is the part that as of yesterday is not in stock.
They're not having an issue with the gearbox tops they are just out of stock, Schumachers website is not live stock levels, and is around 24hrs behind.
I had these arrive on Thursday.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 25-04-2019

Right so that's my idea blown apart. Although that does mean they are happy to sell a spare they were not happy to put in the kit as when I looked yesterday that was the only piece not listed.

Last edited by matt; 25-04-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 25-04-2019

I wouldn't be so desperate to get hold of the new laydown. I've seen a few guys running the car and were really struggling. Some even resulted in putting a KC back end on the car. Seems there's some serious setup work to be done.

Anyway its disappointing to wait longer. Schumacher's customer service has always been excellent.
Old 26-04-2019

Quote:
Right so that's my idea blown apart. Although that does mean they are happy to sell a spare they were not happy to put in the kit as when I looked yesterday that was the only piece not listed.
Again more guess work..

Just let the guys get the part up to quality and release it.
Old 26-04-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Again more guess work..

Just let the guys get the part up to quality and release it.

That’s the best comment in the whole thread about the issue

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 26-04-2019

Quote:
That's fine but this car is a parts bin special with very little in the way of new parts and the hold up is with one of the older parts is not a great start.
Right so you’ll want a kit with a part that’s not up to spec, you won’t know what that part is and it WILL fail. You’ll then blame schumacher...... chill dude

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 26-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by david85williams View Post
I wouldn't be so desperate to get hold of the new laydown. I've seen a few guys running the car and were really struggling. Some even resulted in putting a KC back end on the car. Seems there's some serious setup work to be done.

Anyway its disappointing to wait longer. Schumacher's customer service has always been excellent.
Everyone is different, I love my KC too, it’s a weapon..but, a few set up changes (a bit more aggressive than the kit setup) and its definitely faster and easier to drive

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 29-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis007 View Post
Right so you’ll want a kit with a part that’s not up to spec, you won’t know what that part is and it WILL fail. You’ll then blame schumacher...... chill dude
Again I didn't say that I said it was disappointing especially after all the delays with the xls.
Old 29-04-2019

I think its a good thing that they pulled the date back, people would shout more if there was a bad part in the kit,

Run my KC in L1 rear end spec last week at motor pos 4 and it felt a lot more driveable after a few set up tweaks on high grip EOS type carpet, not sure I would gain hugely by doing to the LD
Old 29-04-2019
Mad Member

Very few people know how much of a nightmare it is developing a new product.

If just one minor component is missing or wrong, the whole kit has to be held... Just because parts have come come in to the correct condition previously, doesn't mean every batch will be the same...

QC exists to catch exactly this type of issue, so I'd say Schumacher have acted responsibly in being honest about this... yes its a shame, but I'd imagine they are doing everything they can behind the scenes to get these kits out the door...

After all the last thing they want is excess unsalable stock sitting in their warehouse!!
Old 01-05-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevg57 View Post
I think its a good thing that they pulled the date back, people would shout more if there was a bad part in the kit,

Run my KC in L1 rear end spec last week at motor pos 4 and it felt a lot more driveable after a few set up tweaks on high grip EOS type carpet, not sure I would gain hugely by doing to the LD
thats what i thought, just done oople bury and qualified in the c final 3 legs, with kc ran 10th and 6th, swapped to a previously undriven ld and got a 2nd, just felt so easy to drive consistently.
Old 03-05-2019

Any update on release date yet?

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 06-05-2019

Hopefully not long now 🤞
Old 09-05-2019

Last I heard is the 20th as the release date. Anyone know more, is this still the case?