Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 27-10-2019

Default Kyosho Gallop

I've got a Kyosho Gallop on the way and can't wait to restore it. It needs a bumper and most of the roll cage from the hoop forward. I found a good top down photo of the bumper so decided to try making a 3D printed one. The test print came out really good. It should be close to the right size since I used the cardboard bag labels as reference, but I will probably need to compare to the real car to get it perfect. If someone could give me some measurements off their Progress/Gallop bumper that would be awesome. I need the width of th ebumper at the widest, the thickness, the depth of the pocketed area and the dimension between the mounting screws (center to center).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cox-kyosho-gallop-progress-robbe_1_d37811b0bb7777e55cb9dcba067be1da.jpg (256.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Gallop02.jpg (431.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-11-2019

I completely rebuilt the car and replaced the bushings with ball bearings. It's in remarkably good condition.

Can someone whohas one of these measure the height of the front body post? That was missing from mine and I used a battery holder post from a Kyosho Ultima to make the one shown here but I'm not sure how tall it's supposed to be.

Before and after photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gallop08.jpg (491.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Gallop10.jpg (356.8 KB, 6 views)