Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 08-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
The DESC410 has a slipper clutch as well as a centre differential - best of both words... but, you are correct in saying that the car will miss having a slipper on a low grip bumpy track. It seems odd to me to go to the trouble in adding a much-needed centre diff to a modern 4wd then do away with the slipper.

On another forum the designer has said with a centre diff you dont need a slipper clutch- this is simply wrong and poor engineering. They fulfill totally different functions. Still, its better than nothing and in many other respects this looks like a very impressive buggy
I think what he is saying is buy more complete center diffs and build with multiple weights.. Seems like a lot of work, unless they have a quick change mount like the Durango. I find these days a slipper in a 4wd buggy, is getting harder to keep consistent on the track with so much power being put down.. They need to improve on the materials used for pads..
Old 10-12-2013

where can I buy this car? what store carries the brand hotbodies? I have no clue.
Old 10-12-2013

T. Deguzman

The D413 is not canceled. It is now in the production process. The order was placed with the vendors during Thanksgiving week. From then it takes about 60-70 days to complete, then add shipping time. I myself am as angry as some of you at the delay. I worked my butt off to design this car, Ty drove his heart out to get good race results with this car then to have some colleagues drop the ball in getting this project into production is disappointing. For that we can only offer our apology. But I think once you have the car in your hands you'll be satisfied.

Still I don't want to put out another estimated date of arrival because I don't want to look like a jackass again.

from rctech
Old 22-12-2013

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
T. Deguzman

The D413 is not canceled. It is now in the production process. The order was placed with the vendors during Thanksgiving week. From then it takes about 60-70 days to complete, then add shipping time. I myself am as angry as some of you at the delay. I worked my butt off to design this car, Ty drove his heart out to get good race results with this car then to have some colleagues drop the ball in getting this project into production is disappointing. For that we can only offer our apology. But I think once you have the car in your hands you'll be satisfied.

Still I don't want to put out another estimated date of arrival because I don't want to look like a jackass again.

from rctech
To be honest, in my opinion the car looks like it will be worth the wait. I loved the D4 so this is definitely top of my want list. It's not uncommon for there to be delays for a launch, making sure it is right when it hits the stores is more important than hitting a release deadline anyway.
Old 22-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

surely it should be called the D414 now?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
I think what he is saying is buy more complete center diffs and build with multiple weights.. Seems like a lot of work, unless they have a quick change mount like the Durango. I find these days a slipper in a 4wd buggy, is getting harder to keep consistent on the track with so much power being put down.. They need to improve on the materials used for pads..

No slippers please! They are only good with low power applications and Traxxas vehicles.
Learn how to tune with a center diff alone. Much more predictable and consistent.

One of the essential upgrades for DESC410 around here is an Exotek part that locks the slipper in center diff.

I don't know how you 1/10 guys work with slippers...
Old 04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision1 View Post
No slippers please! They are only good with low power applications and Traxxas vehicles.
Absolute rubbish! Sounds to me like your basing your opinion based on your own experience rather than looking at it from a world-wide perspective.

Quote:
Learn how to tune with a center diff alone. Much more predictable and consistent.
You cant judge the predictability or consistency between a centre diff and a slipper because they are two entirely different devices that perform different functions. I could also say - "Learn how to tune with a slipper"

Quote:
One of the essential upgrades for DESC410 around here is an Exotek part that locks the slipper in center diff.
Again, what works in your neck of the woods doesn't mean it will work everywhere. Should manufacturers design cars now specifically for your local track? I don't think so.

Quote:
I don't know how you 1/10 guys work with slippers...
From this it sounds you come from 1/8 gas buggy (correct me if i am wrong). A gas car has in fact a slipper device installed, it's called the clutch, plus their engines don't produce maximum torque at minimum RPM like an electric motor, so a 1/10th style slipper clutch isn't needed.

1/8 electric buggy on the other, whilst being similar to 1/10, is also in a way much different. The cars still dont have the instant acceleration to match 1/10th, and all of these cars by default already include a centre diff help with power distribution. These cars inherently also drive much different due to chassis layout and front/rear tyre size, so it's not a fair comparison to assume a slipper is not required in 1/10th based on results of another class.
Old 04-01-2014

Default Lol

^lol owned^
Good job bender

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 04-01-2014

Without a slipper you will need alot of throttle control especailly on high grip as something in the drivetrain will need to slip
Either tyres, diff, driveshafts, and if the are all fixed ie gear diffs then the tyres will spin up creating less grip and if it dont prepare for motor trouble
Old 04-01-2014
Mad Member

Ha ha this make me chuckle slipper centre diff who give a toss if HB want to release car with centre diff so be it if it works in the club racers hands they would have seen a gap in the market and hit the nail if not they will look like muppets and either sell so very few kits or make an additional slipper part to replace the centre diff.

Thus car looks pretty trick and has some good ideas in it. I will look forward to beating them with the good old b44.2 lol

Stu :-)
Old 07-01-2014

It's all gone quiet on this, can’t find any news of a release date?
Old 07-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
T. Deguzman

from rctech
from about 3 weeks ago.

I wouldn't expect any more news until mid/late Feb.
Old 15-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzie View Post
It's all gone quiet on this, can’t find any news of a release date?
Contacted HPI yesterday and Josh reckons it's going to be another couple of months yet.

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Jimmy

Re-started 2012. With Caster SK10
Driving Xray XB4 & Precirotate PRS1 V2 for 2014.
Hobby Pro PRS1 V2 2WD and PRSB10 4WD for 2015
Team Inside Line Racing with PR Racing buggies for 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Old 15-01-2014

Going for one Jimmy? I really fancy one , but the yok looks good and the Losi.

To be honest the longer it takes to come out the better as im soo skint at the moment.
Old 15-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

D415? ;-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's looking more like D414.33
Old 16-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffman View Post
Going for one Jimmy? I really fancy one , but the yok looks good and the Losi.

To be honest the longer it takes to come out the better as im soo skint at the moment.
I'd love one. The Caster is proving to be a bit of a handful on Slippy surfaces, so until the new V4 shows up I thought about trying something else. I like the X-Ray too...

Re-started 2012. With Caster SK10
Driving Xray XB4 & Precirotate PRS1 V2 for 2014.
Hobby Pro PRS1 V2 2WD and PRSB10 4WD for 2015
Team Inside Line Racing with PR Racing buggies for 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Old 17-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
It's looking more like D414.33
Old 17-01-2014

If you like something else, why don't you try an Sworkz? You won't be disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Jim View Post
I'd love one. The Caster is proving to be a bit of a handful on Slippy surfaces, so until the new V4 shows up I thought about trying something else. I like the X-Ray too...
Old 17-01-2014

Any news on price yet, I'm assuming around the £300 - 340????

Looks like Q1 2014

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-buggy-67.html