Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 05-02-2017
Stu-Perstar

Default Absima Winter Series Round 5 Results

First of all I have to say how DISAPPOINTED I am that 90% of you that came racing today went home without helping to pack the track away.
Old 05-02-2017

Default Track build and putting away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
First of all I have to say how DISAPPOINTED I am that 90% of you that came racing today went home without helping to pack the track away.
Hope the day went well for you all today.

On the subject of track work.

As a way to try and inventivise people to stay behind and help, It was and remains the clubs intention to provide a raffle prize for each of the remaining winter series meetings. Today, i understand the raffle was drawn before the track was put away. This will not be the case for all future meetings.

The small raffle prize, which we will advertise before each meeting, will ONLY be available to those who remain at the end of the meeting and AFTER the track is cleared away.

Please note, the series raffle prizes remain as first advertised. ��

I'm sure our members agree this is the committees way of trying to get the many ✋️����✋️���� needed to share the load. ��

#simple #helpandbetheretowin ��

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.

Last edited by Darren Wales; 05-02-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Clarity. ��
Old 05-02-2017

I've seen this type of thing many times before in various hobbies and sports, it's always happened and always will but......

Removal of points from persistent offenders or game/race bans get the point across for a while.

Mike
Old 05-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
I've seen this type of thing many times before in various hobbies and sports, it's always happened and always will but......

Removal of points from persistent offenders or game/race bans get the point across for a while.

Mike
Sorry punish people for what? I don't understand your comment

Last edited by fil9144; 05-02-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2017

People leaving attending meetings without helping, especially at club level. They're happy enough to race, they should be happy enough to help out set up and pack away.
Old 05-02-2017

But we pay to race!!!! we don't pay to set up!!! Bury have a track team specifically made up of committee members who's undertaking in that roll is to do the track, I'm not saying it's not good to help and some members do some don't and i'm sure the committee appreciate it when people do stay and help, but I personally drive over an hour to attend meetings and dishing out penalties because I choose to spend and extra time with my children at tea time sounds a little sore.

And!!! who the hell are you the hobby police? Get a grip.... Not you Stu! Your ok, rant over....
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----

Last edited by NeilRalph77; 05-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2017

Default Clarity.

Members, visitors.

Please don't misunderstand the clubs ask. We as a club, fully appreciate that family life is and should always be your priority.

There has been no thought to the suggestion of penalising those who leave after they have raced/marshalled. It is entirely your choice and we respect that. You do pay to race, have fun and enjoy the day. Which we hope you do.

It is worth pointing out that the club make no income for holding winter events, due to the cost of the hall etc. but we feel it is a vital cog to keep you the racers thumbs moving throughout the colds months and then hopefully on into the preceding summer outdoor meetings. 😊

This idea is simply, as I have said above, a method of trying to encourage the few extra ✋️✋️✋️✋️✋️✋️✋️✋️✋️ that make light work of putting away the track.

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 05-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
People leaving attending meetings without helping, especially at club level. They're happy enough to race, they should be happy enough to help out set up and pack away.

People volunteer to put the track out or put it away which is my point pal
Old 05-02-2017
Mad Member

having run a couple of clubs with my dad back in the day this was always a bone of contention, but it never really improved despite asking for help.

The raffle idea is a good one, seemed to work at chadderton and with absima as a sponsor hopefully it wouldn't cost bury anything to implement
Old 06-02-2017

Personally I've never had an issue with either setting the track up or putting it away, but it ilI be buggered if I'm doing both. I used to set up the Oldham track week in, week out and then when it shut I'd help Trevor n daz75 at places like Pointon set up, it's always hard to balance things out and Neil has a fair point, some people come from a damn site further away than I do and you can't really fault them for wanting to get back as early as possible, there's always two sides to look at and unfortunately it is just one of those things, the people who help out then fair play and thanks, the ones who want to get away straight away shouldn't be made to feel bad. It is a tad disappointing but that's just how it is n I don't think much will ever change.
We will see
Old 09-02-2017

Neil R has a good point people only pay to race, it's just a nice thing to help with track build specially as this takes longer and where help is most needed.👍