Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 06-06-2009
Mad Member

Default WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

As per the title

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 06-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

i was thinking the same mate?? Haven't been on for 14hrs and usually there is loads of new posts, but not today!
Old 06-06-2009
Mad Member

I was thinking more along the lines of drivers in region rather than posts on here, but it is quiet!!

At the start of the year there seemed loads of interest in regionals, the SEN series and club racing in East and at the moment all the talk has lead to not a lot of numbers

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 06-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

JCB you have pm

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-06-2009

me n simon will b there...........errr we r booked in arnt we?
Old 06-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of drivers in region rather than posts on here, but it is quiet!!

At the start of the year there seemed loads of interest in regionals, the SEN series and club racing in East and at the moment all the talk has lead to not a lot of numbers

Those that are going that I know of and participating in the regional: -
You (Jon Brown)
David Orbell
John Myall
Simon Watson
George Fairweather
Ben Hubbard
Carl Dufton

Any more?
Old 06-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
Those that are going that I know of and participating in the regional: -
You (Jon Brown)
David Orbell
John Myall
Simon Watson
George Fairweather
Ben Hubbard
Carl Dufton

Any more?
If thats it, I guess we all make the A final then

'Tiss a shame about the low numbers, I remember being on the front row of a 2wd Regional at Pakenham, along side Scott Abbott, back in the olden days, and there were a hundred odd people behind us
Old 06-06-2009
Mad Member

It is strange about the numbers as Mid East had 80 odd I think at their last regional, but last year were struggling to get into double figures.

I think in the region there are quite a few off roaders it's just getting everyone to turn up to the same meeting at the same time, then I reckon we could hit 50. I appreciate that travelling is not so cheap and that everyone has other commitments out side of car racing but it would be good to see everyone that races off road at a meeting in the East of England. I couldn't really care where it is or what type of meeting just to get a lot of drivers together would be a start!!

Old 08-06-2009

Exclamation

I beilive that the regional has lost the plot and not many people are interested in gaining a grading.

The location of the regionals have put some people off as well after it was originally going to be one at eastrax and one at MERC. I know we lost Eastrax but no further consultaion was done that i am aware of.

I am really missing my racing at the moment but other thinks have to take priorty over racing.

I think that the region needs to re think what people actually want to do and not get to the sitution we are at now where everyone is divided.

Hopefully i haven't spoken out of turn but this is how it appears to me currently.

Neilos
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilosarnold View Post
I beilive that the regional has lost the plot and not many people are interested in gaining a grading.

The location of the regionals have put some people off as well after it was originally going to be one at eastrax and one at MERC. I know we lost Eastrax but no further consultaion was done that i am aware of.

I am really missing my racing at the moment but other thinks have to take priorty over racing.

I think that the region needs to re think what people actually want to do and not get to the sitution we are at now where everyone is divided.

Hopefully i haven't spoken out of turn but this is how it appears to me currently.

Neilos

I am not sure the grading thing comes into it, if people want to race they will.

At the AGM that was held at the start of the year there was plenty of oppurtunity for people to put across ideas and views on racing, formats, trophies, points, and increasing numbers in the area and what is being done now is what was agreed on by the 15 or so people that were at that meeting.

As for the location I know they are far from ideal, as the East of England does cover a large area but the region is at a loss with clubs that
1) Have timing equipment
2) Have an off road track
3) are BRCA registered
Hence the clubs hosting the regionals were and still are as far as I am aware the only clubs that can satisfy the above!!

Old 09-06-2009

The biggest loss for the region was easttrax!! a perfectly gr8 off road astro track ROTTING away....seriously? me n simon stopped off on the way past last month, it nearly made me cry .....loads of weeds growing all over the track....such a waste.............