Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 31-08-2009

Default track or off road action?

My son and I are looking to get in to r/c car racing, but can't decide on off road or track action!!, live in wymondham area. Are there any thriving clubs in our area? that welcome new boys?

We prefer buggy style cars, but we think it is more important to find a thriving club, offerring hints and tips

Thanks.
Old 31-08-2009
Mad Member

hi check out www.brca.org theres a full list of clubs im sure there will be one close to you

paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 31-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1967 View Post
My son and I are looking to get in to r/c car racing, but can't decide on off road or track action!!, live in wymondham area. Are there any thriving clubs in our area? that welcome new boys?

We prefer buggy style cars, but we think it is more important to find a thriving club, offerring hints and tips

Thanks.

Hi

East of England - Thriving Club......mmmm........... East of England is struggling somewhat, but on a more positive note, those that do race are very enthusiastic. I think our Geography is our biggest problem and there's not much we can do about that.

Off road wise there are mainly 4 clubs in the East of England.

MERCC - South of Colchester (www.mercc.co.uk )
LBC - Between Colchester and Ipswich (www.lawfordbuggyclub.co.uk)
Coastal - Ipswich (www.cmcrc.co.uk)

And the closest to you: -

NBC - Norfolk Buggy Club (www.norfolkbuggyclub.co.uk)

NBC have about 1 meeting per month. They have some tasty drivers, and have/ are introducing an entry level racing to encourage new members. NBC is by far the closest off road.

I think Coastal (in Ipswich) is the most thriving for Touring Car - although I am not too up on the TC scene.

Drop "Racingdwarf" here on oople a PM, or "Albertini" or "JCB" These guys run/ organise NBC meets and will point you in the right direction.
Old 01-09-2009
Mad Member

Hi Pat,

Is always nice to hear that new people want to get into the RC hobby, I think Ben has answered pretty much everything about RC racing in the East of England.

If you want more information about anything off road related feel free to pm me or post your questions on here.

Over the winter months Norfolk Buggy Club members have been known to race at Kellers RC Club, this is primarily a touring car club although they will happily cater for off road drivers. The club is based in Trowse at the YMCA centre and is run by Model Marque (Kellers) model shop in Norwich. The track is indoors and they race most Sunday afternoons, although best to check with the shop first.

If you fancy a go at touring car try Kellers or Snetterton as these will be the closest to you.

Hope that helps.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!