Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 22-06-2014

Default help.losi 22 gear diff,What Size screws?

help mucked up the screws on my losi 22 gear diff{the the 22 sc takes the same diff},can anyone tell me the sizes of the 4 tapered bolt/screws,i looked on line and cant get a size,imperial?
Old 23-06-2014

They are 2.5mm x 8mm long.
Old 23-06-2014

If you are talking about the 4 screws that hold it all together, they are imperial. Pretty sure its 1/16 size.
Old 24-06-2014

yes the 4 screws,i worked it out to be4/40 x 5/16{which losi do a pack lsoa6269}hopefully that will do it,it the only screws on the 22 that are imperial,and i used a 1.5m and why not put the size in the diagrams losi.
Old 24-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmark View Post
yes the 4 screws,i worked it out to be4/40 x 5/16{which losi do a pack lsoa6269}hopefully that will do it,it the only screws on the 22 that are imperial,and i used a 1.5m and why not put the size in the diagrams losi.
I couldn't remember off the top of my head which size it was but I knew it was imperial as I had to get my old imperial drivers out! I have found on the new TLR race products the odd imperial screw.

As with the gear diff it was not originally intended as a race product but as a VERY low maintenance diff they could put in the ready to run 22. That way for someone buying the car as a toy, bashing, some none serious racing or a beginner its a part that doesn't require rebuild, or not as much as a ball diff. It just so happens as a coincidence it works very well on our unique UK high grip tracks.
Old 24-06-2014

thanks for the info,what oil would you sugest?i got 3000,5000,7.000 .the car came with this diff in and unfortunately some bits where missing from the ball diff,so couldnt rebuild that.
Old 24-06-2014

This summer I've used the gear diff on astro as it just seems to make the car so much more balanced and easy to drive than the ball diff. If it rains I usually put the ball diff in to be safe and also on grass. Although I do want to try the gear diff on grass and in the lower grip and try some thinner oils.

So far I have only used 3k oil which seems quite standard. If it's a really high grip and twisty track the 5k oil might be needed but iv yet to need that. Also if you are in a lower grip track you could try 1k.

I'd start with 3k and see how you get on but I wouldn't think you'd ever need to go above 5k.

What sort of tracks do you run on?