Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 06-10-2014

Default KF vs B5M on astro

Hi
I've been running a B5M at my local club for a while now (Astro track).
I've struggled to get to grips with the B5m and am thinking of selling and replacing with a KF

My question is does the KF require any upgrades or does it work straight from the box?
And is shorty or saddles the best option??

Thanks
Old 06-10-2014

I run a kf and thinking i may go back to my centro c4.2
Old 06-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

ran mine out the box at oople series then added the alloy top mounts to fit the shocks to the rear
Old 06-10-2014
Mad Member

I ran my KF bog stock and it was awesome, only changes were springs oil as per cockers setup from silverstone.

I have the mods too, but the at doesn't really need them, it's so easy to drive already..

Hope it helps..
Old 06-10-2014

The KF is amazing straight out of the box if you are racing on high grip surface. But if you are racing on low grip then forget it. you need to spend a stupid amount of money to get it to work. Oh and I find it runs better with saddles or you will need to buy extra weight if you run shorties.
Old 06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmulc View Post
The KF is amazing straight out of the box if you are racing on high grip surface. But if you are racing on low grip then forget it. you need to spend a stupid amount of money to get it to work. Oh and I find it runs better with saddles or you will need to buy extra weight if you run shorties.
That's really helpful. I will be running on astro all the time.
Interesting about the saddles vs shorty
Thanks
Old 06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
ran mine out the box at oople series then added the alloy top mounts to fit the shocks to the rear
What do the alloy top mounts do???
Old 06-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I recently built mine box stock, with the addition of the alloy rear mounts (U4616) with the shocks mounted on rear, reversed front wishbones and drilled rear pistons to 1.6mm, and then ran at the last event at RHR astro. Car was awesome.
It's junk on low traction tracks however, so as I have low traction cars, and i don't want to spend mine more than the kit cost on extra parts, its getting shelved for the winter.
It's an awesome car if you run on astro or carpet however.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNC View Post
Hi
I've been running a B5M at my local club for a while now (Astro track).
I've struggled to get to grips with the B5m and am thinking of selling and replacing with a KF

My question is does the KF require any upgrades or does it work straight from the box?
And is shorty or saddles the best option??

Thanks
You run at Coastal don't you? I run the Associated/Centro C4.2 round there and am really happy with the way it goes so I might be able to help. What are you not liking about the B5M?
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 07-10-2014
Mad Member

there is also a rumour thread on here which suggests a new KF could be on its way....and it would be reasonable to assume that this would address at least some of the cost concerns with getting the car running well on low grip surfaces and perhaps be closer to the team-spec cars.
Old 07-10-2014

I have run my KF since they first came out and have loved every minute of it, probably the best car I've ever driven!
The car does drive better with the low grip chassis when the grip/weather is changeable. Out of the box the car is great on dry astro but would suffer when it's wet, running a ball diff, rear shocks on the rear of the arms and basic set up can make the car better in the wet but still it's better with the low grip chassis.

I suspect that Schuey will come out with a new kit in the not to distant future that will have the low grip or alloy chassis as standard so the car can run with saddles or a shorty out of the box.
Old 08-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
You run at Coastal don't you? I run the Associated/Centro C4.2 round there and am really happy with the way it goes so I might be able to help. What are you not liking about the B5M?
Thanks Lee. I will have a chat with you at the next meeting.