Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

Default tyre additive info

hi all

following on from Jon additive announcement see link to the brca rules for 1/10th off road paying close attention to point 23.9.

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...off%20road.pdf

the brca rules are only a guide for all clubs to use to there own discretion but it is good for all to know what has been laid down by the brca.

stu

Old 11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
hi all

following on from Jon additive announcement see link to the brca rules for 1/10th off road paying close attention to point 23.9.

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...off%20road.pdf

the brca rules are only a guide for all clubs to use to there own discretion but it is good for all to know what has been laid down by the brca.

stu

just like lipo bags an stuff like that but its not a additive its a cleaner to get the best from tyres to give good grip.
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

Like my wife said when she heard about the cheating additive addicts
She said
That's like me taking performance enhancing drugs to go to my aerobics class!
Sad !
Old 11-03-2012

the stuff i bin trying the last few weeks was water an a wood cleaner with anti-bacterial in a bottel all what you have at home. it was just a cleaner as is always dusty on track
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

thats cool buddy it smelt like lrp/nosram blue factor to me what version not sure either tarmac or carpet

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/blue-f...pet-2/details/

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/blue-f...ittel/details/

end of the day dude if its good for one its good for all and jon has spoken no additive water only.

Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed:-)Kerry View Post
just like lipo bags an stuff like that but its not a additive its a cleaner to get the best from tyres to give good grip.
its down to club discretion it is an additive because its not just water.
Old 12-03-2012

When i was watching the finals yesterday. I saw some shiny tyres, if its water then surely they wouldnt get any grip at all if they are still wet.
Old 12-03-2012

Default tyre cleaner/additive

hi
i think it is about time that we let everybody know what has been happening over the last couple of months so that it can be seen.
ed and myself have been working on a substance that cleans the dust and grime away from the tyres so that they grip a little better. we have not hid the fact that we were doing it and up till yesterday when john made the ruling to ban non-water based products it was with-in the rules so there was no problem.
we have used this product and as some people have seen ed`s tyres were damp when they were put down, again we have not hid the fact that ed`s car was put down on the carpet first.
but, as with all forms of motorsport, we push forward to get more grip, speed or handling so we have learn`t alot so you will still see ed`s tyres damp, as it is important to make sure they are clean, but this time it will be with-in the rules as they are now.
i am happy to show any-body what we are doing or show them what is going on the tyres as ed wants to race hard and fast but with-in the current rules.
les kerry
Old 12-03-2012

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Is Copydex going to be classed as an addative as i need to get some more grip and we all know how tacky this can get after a run or too LMAO

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team

Old 12-03-2012

Hello all,

A few quick points.
1. It’s not “Jon’s rule”. “We” made the decision and I announced it.

2. To be clear, we have no issue with anyone or anything that has been done to date. Les is absolutely 100% correct that there was no ruling on additives and as such anything was fair game. Within the last few weeks I have personally touched full spike tyres which had been prepared by another member that were softer than a new born kitten. As I said in the announcement, there are several people experimenting at the moment. The finger pointing in one direction is unjustified.

3. As a club we are coming under increased scrutiny from the hall committee. This year alone, we have been accused of damaging one of the radiators and the floor. Even the cleaner has left us a note saying she had noticed an increase in the marks we were leaving on the floor. If we were to end up damaging the floor with chemicals I can only imagine what the note from the cleaner would say…
Regards,
Jon.

Old 13-03-2012

Guys, can i just say something?

As a prospective member of the club and in the process of building a durango 410 to race with you guys, this thread kind of slightly worries me.

i have spent almost £500 to build a kit that would be classed to run within the club rules and am looking at having a few hours a week fun and lightly competitve racing.

But, reading the above fills me with fear. Tyre additives? surely to encourage new members then everything has to be stock? i dont have the time to try and find that extra few tenths per lap and test products to make my tyres softer and more grippy and i am sure many existing members feel the same and i havn't even met any yet!

Now, at this point i havn't even been down to the club as work committments have forced me to converse here on the forum and via email with a couple of club members who have been incredibly helpful. if super competitive and 'secret tyre testing' is something that goes on, at this club and others up and down the country then i fear i have been wasting my time and hard earnt money on a hobby that i cant keep up with the man next to me who is running additives or doing hours of tyres testing to win.

if you feel i have overstepped the mark, then by all means tell me, but surely you want the club to look in a good light to all prospective members and this thread doesnt do that. sorry.

Ian
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Don't think you need to worry on that front Ian.

Members have their own techniques to getting tyres to "come in" faster, but these are common knowledge and is something which I can tell you about when I see you. There's no magic potions or witchcraft involved.

Indeed it's the "magic potion" element that we're trying to do away with and keep everybody on an even playing field.
Old 13-03-2012

Phew! thought i'd jumped in the deep end without my rubber ring then! panic over?
Old 13-03-2012
Woop Woop Member

as hog says just a small problem that the club has taken a stand on and will stop well before it ever gets started. one of the main ethos's behind the clubs success is cheap affordable close racing in a fun atmosphere (which it carries out better than nearly every other club in the country).
there has been a lot of known experimentation on tyres of different compounds of late so we dont have to wait so long for them to bed in. other things have been tried as well and due to fears of the floor surface not being damaged and to also keep racing fair the recent post was made. dont worry at all about it and come down and have fun like the rest of us do

Nathan Ralls @ rcdomination.com

ps as said in the other thread just bring your dango down. one of us will sort it all out over an evening so you are all ready to get going and know everything is totally sorted

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 13-03-2012

To keep inline with the BRCA rule, we're now limiting tyre cleaning to water only. The reference to water based products has been removed.

Old 13-03-2012

Water?

now that, i can deal with.
Old 13-03-2012

Tap or mineral?
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
Tap or mineral?
Still or Fizzy?
Old 14-03-2012
Mad Member

Although I would hope it's common sense, it should be reiterated that if you have cleaned your tyres, make sure they're dry before putting the car on the track!!
Old 15-03-2012

I attached my wheels and tyres to my 3 year old and send her off to nursery.......

The results were as I had hoped they returned as she usually does......

Sticky!!!!