Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 24-01-2013

There's so many great memories in this thread!

I remember Mark sadler and Guy being the top dogs down at sand down but don't remember Tom Colthard? i remember a chap called dean lazanta or some thing like that being up there?

Not sure if the wasp car was heavy to be honest, i seem to remember at one meet the cars had to fit inside a wooden box and weighed? i think the car just got through either weight or dimensions? i'm sure that meet was chesham track. (green banked corner with yellow writing on it?)

Jason A,
yes dad made ball raced diffs. i remember he had a gearbox in the kitchen (where he had the drawing board) and he used to spin and spin that gear box all the time!... it was silky smooth and ran on for ever!

Paul Manwering,
i really recognize the name but i can't seem to Put my finger on it..the sad thing for me is i didn't deal with my dads passing away very well and had to forget a lot of things just to get by, please don't be offended!
Feel free to reminisce the old times and jog my memory!

If anyone's got any old photos of the old sand down guys please put them up i'd love to see them! I'd especially love to see any pics of my dad sporting the track suit he always used to wear...great times!

If any of the old sand down guys would like to get in touch just punch in Gareth carl judd in face book.

All the best
Gareth judd (used to be stote)
Old 27-02-2014
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by G stote View Post
He also made machined ally parts dodgydiy

I just remembered he made ally wheels for top cats, boss cats and cougers! thay where flat faced made from ally, he also made a "pepper pot" design (like the old xr fords)
I know this is a old thred but I have been reading this and this week these turnd up I got of the bay

And the guy who I got them off Leon.dyson I think he's on here somewhere too had 4 or 5 different sets of them but I only realised that they were wasp ones when you said about the old pepper pot ones as he had a se that needed re finishing that didn't sell. They are very good quality work even by today's standards. Just thought I should ad to this great story
Old 27-02-2014
Super Moderator

Check these bad boys out

G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3914.jpg (276.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3920.jpg (218.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 27-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Very nice G. You havent got a Cougar WASP belt by any chance.......
Old 27-02-2014
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Check these bad boys out

G
Now that's just teasing
Old 28-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
I know this is a old thred but I have been reading this and this week these turnd up I got of the bay

And the guy who I got them off Leon.dyson I think he's on here somewhere too had 4 or 5 different sets of them but I only realised that they were wasp ones when you said about the old pepper pot ones as he had a se that needed re finishing that didn't sell. They are very good quality work even by today's standards. Just thought I should ad to this great story
Are you sure those are a matching set? The fronts are 5 spoke, and rear 6 spoke. Also the rears have the drill holes that look like wheel studs, but the fronts don't.

I've got a similar set on my Procat, but mine are all 5 spoke.

Paul.
Old 28-02-2014
Awesome Admin

I didn't say they were a set I liked the look of them and they are destine for my bosscat when it gets built and put on the self
Old 27-12-2014

Default Wasp fury

I have just found this thread and realise I am a few years behind the start.

I have never posted a thread before so hope this gets through to Garreth Stote. My name is Dean Lanzante, I raced the blue Wasp Fury and still have it. I have all the Blue ali parts and at the moment it is in carbon spec. The Red car which was Marks and mine had the ali parts replaced for Carbon and the ali wheels to plastic to reduce weight. I do remember you racing the Black car.

I thought there were 5 cars built, clear, black, red, blue and gold. Many parts had been made for the first production cars which we're going to be blue. These were all at a machine shop in Surbiton which was your Dads. There were not enough parts to make complete cars though. I seem to remember most of us used LRP motors in them.

There were 2 body designs, the early one was quite square and the one that was going to production was much more futuristic - for those days. I have both versions still.

Mark and I both raced them in the USA in 1991 I think was the year. Later that year we also ran a 2WD version.

If you are interested I can get the car from storage and photo it. I will also ask Graham Bates who I still am in touch with if he has any pictures from the track.

Does anyone else have the other cars?

DL
Old 28-12-2014
Awesome Admin

You need to dig it out pal and get some pics we all would love to see it
Old 28-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
You need to dig it out pal and get some pics we all would love to see it
+1, please do
Old 29-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaFan View Post
+1, please do
Another nod of approval!

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 29-12-2014

Gareth! If You see this, please check Your Private Messages. I have something for You .

Jirka
Old 29-12-2014
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirka View Post
Gareth! If You see this, please check Your Private Messages. I have something for You .

Jirka
I'm not sure he will see this as he's not been on in over a year but if you pm Col he's admin and he might be able to get a message to him.
Old 03-02-2015

is there somewhere there its possible to buy wasp Products to Kyosho?
Old 03-02-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Fibrelyte (link in my below name tag) do copies of the originals but of a better quality and much stronger, however only some but doubt they are listed as Wasp.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 03-02-2015
Awesome Admin

Didn't fiberlyte produce the bits for WASP as the weave on them looks very similar
Old 13-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirka View Post

Jirka
so you hav e find youre way here ,.

mvh isobarik
Old 23-02-2015

Hey Paul

I simply can't believe i have found this thread leading all the way back to 2005, simply insane. Crikey, what a hall of fame of all the past drivers at Surrey Radio Control Car Club. Paul I ran into your brother a few times last year and never got around to talking about yourself. I remember those days of us practising in the back garden of our houses practicing ready for the race meets at Sandown.

Its so pleasing to read you still race, is that still the case?

Mark Sadler, such sad news to hear of your dads passing, I am sure like many he was the face of SRCCC and your mum Jackie. Remember those time so fondly, always very open and welcoming.

I have literally in the past three or four weeks got back into the rc cars, after spending many years flying planes, but the competition element is simply not there for me so I am now racing GT12 Superstox class.

One of my reasons for coming on here was to see if there are many others still living in the Surrey area that might like to rekindle the old SRCCC back together and get a good honest club back running in Surrey. What an achievement that would be.. I can but dream..

Anyhow, would love to hear more tales from the Sandown days... Sadly, my memory fails me at the best of times and names like Mark and James sadler, Guy Walker and Bob and of course my pit partner Paul M are the only real name i can remember. Oh, and Andy Hogg... he was a plane enthusiast too, which is maybe why I remember him.

Great to reminisce and hope I can inspire to more links to the thread.

Best Wishes

Stuart Cartwright
Old 31-10-2015

Had a new lad start at work who's into rc cars his dad also remember sand down rc club which reminded me about this thread.

Hi dean, now that you mention it I do remember the gold car, your right I did have the black car but unfortunately it was thrown out by my mother as it was stripped for cleaning and she thought it was scrap or something? Totally devastated.

Yeah I remember the LRP motors, pink,white and blue seems to ring a bell and one of them was a struggle to get to the end of the race if I remember right?

If anyone has any pictures feel free to email me.... juddzey25@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Gareth
Old 05-11-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Very nice G. You havent got a Cougar WASP belt by any chance.......
I have some lazer zxr belts wasp header

mvh isobarik