Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 09-07-2015

Got some more pics, my yz2 has 3mm of shims, my rb6 has the rack flipped so the ball studs are further back than normal. As you can see, the yz2 has pretty much dead straight links when steering is straight, rb6 is slightly angled towards the front, and this would be even more angled with the rack flipped back as it should be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 692015182217.jpg (71.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 692015182233.jpg (75.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 69201518231.jpg (101.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 692015182331.jpg (100.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 09-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Did someone not post a reply from Lee Martin?surly he should know 😄

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 09-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Lee did also confirm with me that increasing spacers calms steering
Old 09-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyUK View Post
Got some more pics, my yz2 has 3mm of shims, my rb6 has the rack flipped so the ball studs are further back than normal. As you can see, the yz2 has pretty much dead straight links when steering is straight, rb6 is slightly angled towards the front, and this would be even more angled with the rack flipped back as it should be.
Thanks mate, much appreciated, will have a proper look at this after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Yes, me, before we went into all the detail.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 10-07-2015

We might have to measure the RB6 Ackerman to see exactly what is going on with it. Seems strange that straight links are calm on one car and angled is calm on another.

Last edited by timoxx4; 10-07-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-07-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoxx4 View Post
We might have to measure the RB6 Ackerman to see exactly what is going on with it. Seems strange that straight links are calm on one car and angled is calm on another.
This is what I said the racks are the same but apparently a different effect
Old 11-07-2015

Ran my YZ-2 for the first time last night. Nice and smooth I must say.

Just one thing I had with it was the inside rear wheel keeps lifting up in tight corners that I couldent get it to stop doing ?

The car felt like it just had toooo much front grip in total. Any way to shed some of that front grip at all ?

I was running the Shin Adachi Energy RC - Guangzhou setup with the following changes. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...ngzhou20150405
5000 diff oil,
gull wing front arms/tower,
+1mm Bmax rear arms
4mm ackerman spacers.
Rear shocks on back.
55g brass lipo weight. 20g behind motor.

This is on indoor carpet. Had a little traction roll also which was strange as I thought the extra long rear arms would have stopped that ???

I had to cut back a lot of the dual rate also as it was just too much at 100%. Maybe need half worn out front tires ? But the rear inside wheel lifting up is probably the biggest problem.
Old 11-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Ran my YZ-2 for the first time last night. Nice and smooth I must say.

Just one thing I had with it was the inside rear wheel keeps lifting up in tight corners that I couldent get it to stop doing ?

The car felt like it just had toooo much front grip in total. Any way to shed some of that front grip at all ?

I was running the Shin Adachi Energy RC - Guangzhou setup with the following changes. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...ngzhou20150405
5000 diff oil,
gull wing front arms/tower,
+1mm Bmax rear arms
4mm ackerman spacers.
Rear shocks on back.
55g brass lipo weight. 20g behind motor.

This is on indoor carpet. Had a little traction roll also which was strange as I thought the extra long rear arms would have stopped that ???

I had to cut back a lot of the dual rate also as it was just too much at 100%. Maybe need half worn out front tires ? But the rear inside wheel lifting up is probably the biggest problem.
What Springs?
What size lipo?
Try the straight front arms.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-07-2015

Springs are the Red front and Orange rear. Carpet springs. Same as on Shins setup sheet.

Shorty lipo
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Springs are the Red front and Orange rear. Carpet springs. Same as on Shins setup sheet.

Shorty lipo
Use normal staggers, not cut staggers, they just give way too much.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 12-07-2015

Ah OK. The only staggers I can get locally (ie Australia) are the slim staggers. Is that any good?
Old 13-07-2015

Yes.
Old 13-07-2015

Quote:
Ah OK. The only staggers I can get locally (ie Australia) are the slim staggers. Is that any good?
Yes, you want low profile, slim staggers.

I believe from pictures that I have seen from Shins car before, that he runs his cut staggers on the full size 2wd wheel with them stretched across. Not 100% sure how the handling would differ due to this but id imagine it might be a little more stable and less pointy on the front end?

It's not something I have ever tried.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs

Last edited by Allan1875; 13-07-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 13-07-2015

Default Servo Horns

I have been using the shorter servo horn supplied with the kit. I did notice that to get full lock I was having to up my dual rate and EPA on my transmitter, not an issue works fine.

Yesterday I managed to strip the splines on the shorter horn so replaced it with the longer one supplied with the kit, obviously now I was able to tune back down my dual rate and EPA due to the extra travel of the longer horn.

My question is what are the pros and cons of using a shorter/longer servo horn, and which do you prefer/recommend?

I am considering getting the aluminium horn, but also thinking i'd rather replace a striped servo horn rather than the servo.
Old 13-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
Yes, you want low profile, slim staggers.

I believe from pictures that I have seen from Shins car before, that he runs his cut staggers on the full size 2wd wheel with them stretched across. Not 100% sure how the handling would differ due to this but id imagine it might be a little more stable and less pointy on the front end?

It's not something I have ever tried.
Ha, Now I look at it I see Lee and Shin are using full width front wheels. With the slim staggers also. Must be something too that.
Old 13-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_H View Post
I have been using the shorter servo horn supplied with the kit. I did notice that to get full lock I was having to up my dual rate and EPA on my transmitter, not an issue works fine.

Yesterday I managed to strip the splines on the shorter horn so replaced it with the longer one supplied with the kit, obviously now I was able to tune back down my dual rate and EPA due to the extra travel of the longer horn.

My question is what are the pros and cons of using a shorter/longer servo horn, and which do you prefer/recommend?

I am considering getting the aluminium horn, but also thinking i'd rather replace a striped servo horn rather than the servo.
I've done that before. I run the long one in mine and I've stripped it once. I tried the shorter one but missed the longer one so went back. I always keep a spare set of plastics ones now as destroying a £140 servo would make my eyes water.
Old 13-07-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_H View Post

I'm guessing here, but a shorter horn means that more force will transfer into the servo. I'd imagine that a short horn with more epa would be more likely to strip gears if you took a hit (I.e, for the same amount of steering, the servo has to move more, so if the wheels turn through (eg) 45degree witha knock, the servo will be jammed further witha short arm than a long arm.)

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 14-07-2015

Only a long arm has more leverage on the servo gears than a short one. Its probably moot and they would both be about the same ???
Old 17-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...r_Yokomo_YZ-2/

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 18-07-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Only a long arm has more leverage on the servo gears than a short one. Its probably moot and they would both be about the same ???
I agree 100%, a longer arm gives more leverage, but obviously there are 2 levers here - the one at the wheels and the one at the servo, so if the servo horn is shorter, then the one at the wheels will "relatively be longer" so this is the lever that will give more leverage and as such it will put more force on the shorter level (the servo horn) which in turn puts that force into the servo gears.

I'm still not certain I've described this very well, but hope the above makes sense.

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...