Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Default FS2 build questions

OK, finally taken the plunge and got myself an FS2!

First question:
What size hex drivers do I need to build this car? Coming from a Losi/AE background, all my tools are imperial not metric...

Second question:
I've read all kinds of things about building the diffs right and setting the slipper correctly - what tips do you experienced K-guys have for me here?

That's it for now - sure there will be more once the build commences!
Old 21-02-2011
Mad Member

Toby,

Hex drivers required are all metric...

Easiest thing to do is get the EDS set or something like that, it covers you for all sizes then.

Slipper and Diffs..

If i am honest i never had any issue with these, build them as the kit says and do your normal checks. Make sure you compress your car on carpet or something grippy and move slipper with your thumb. If it is slipping and the diffs aren't then it should not be an issue. Once set i have never really worried about mine indoor and outdoor.

I will suggest the Rudebits weights for the centre of the car, personally i run 30g but that is to personal preference. The car is very light so weight is needed. And it also helps to make the car feel planted.
For setups:

I think everyone is running very different setups but all with a similar feel, my car is very soft compared to most others i have looked at and felt. So it is a matter of finding what is best for you. Personally i would build to kit (i changed pistons) and then try, work from there to find what you like.
You will be looking for more steering and there are options available from Vega, DMS or the guy from Germany.
Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

Cheers for the advice!

When building the gearboxes, the instructions tell you to apply grease between the bevel gears - but which, black or clear (or does it not really matter)?

Everywhere else in the manual (that i've got to so far) is quite specific about which grease to use...
Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

Use White grease on the bevel gears.

The Black grease is only for the thrust bearings in the diffs.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 23-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

when greasing the gears I normally just put a small blob on in one place (probably something like 2mm^3) and rotate the transmission by hand ..... don't over grease it it is not necessary, adds drag and causes any debris to stick to the teeth.