Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

Default FS2 slipper

The FS2 has 2 different slipper plates made of different material in the kit, which I presume has different "slip" properties. This raises the possibility of also having all White or all Red in the slipper system. There is also an option to pin the slipper (which I presume stops the front part from slipping?).

What are the pro's/con's of each and under what conditions would you tend to prefer which?

Thanks K-guys
Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

I cant answer about running different colour slipper plates. I just use as per the kit!! White one side red the other.
When they look polished i turn them over until they wear thin. (takes a long time to wear out if adjusted correctly)

You can pin the slipper to give full permanant drive to front and rear. I think this is great option on High grip carpet.

I tend to think the slipper is a driving aid for the thumb impaired.

You have many possibilites with the FS lazer but my advice is if you are unsure what to do or what works best , then stick with kit build, It works great everwhere.

Learn the car kit form then try pining the diff. run a front one way, try no roll bars.

Its how you like it that maters.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 22-02-2011
Mad Member

I fully agree to what Neil has just said.

When i first started running the FS/FS2 i ran my slipper as kit was very happy with the car.
Then on the high grip tracks i tried the pinned slipper was bang on thanks to the advise off the Kyosho Guru never looked back.

I was running the w/r pads as from kits never changed them until the Petit meeting due to a damage pad now i just w/w not really noticed any difference tbh.

Stick to the kit & try new things that will suite your driving

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 23-02-2011

Kit set up is pinned Toby , mint on carpet !
Going to try unpinned when we go outside.
Good choice by the way
Old 23-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Having played with the slipper a lot this is what I normally run;

super high grip and or lots of surface changes :- pinned (running the same pads both sides evens the wear but doesn't affect the slip point .. that is down to the least grippy pad)

low grip wet weather :- opinion is devided but I tend to run it pinned as I find the car is more consistent that way.

low to med grip one surface track (like grass for example):- unot pinned same pads (white normally) ... this allows the car to drive from the front if the rear loses grip, great with a one-way in

One-way diff ... always non pinned if bumpy, always the same pads.

Basically running the slipper non pinned makes the car feel a little more agressive and it reacts to throttle inputs a bit more, pinned helps make the car feel a little more planted and/or forgiving.

Hope that helps mate.
Old 23-02-2011
Mad Member

hi roger,when youve got the pin in running different colour pads wont make any difference to performance as the shaft it locked and not independant one pad may just wear faster than the other.