Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 26-03-2011
Mad Member

Default FS2 - Front Kickup

OK guys, what effects will I see by either increasing or decreasing the front kickup on the FS2?

Thanks
Old 26-03-2011
Mad Member

I find increaseing (removeing spacers) on Worksop type surface running 10deg hubs helps the car through the corner and exiting.. helps on a high speed sweaper i find.. rather than pushing mid coner i find it still steers nicely through the corner.

On high grip carpet adding spacers i find takes away abit of aggression on turn in.. just seems to calm the front end down on high grip..

When messing with this though keep an eye on your bump steer...as it can change quite abit!

Old 28-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Also be careful not to put too many spacers in there on a track with sharp jumps / bumps as it will cause the front end to kick up over them.

I have machined 1mm off the bottom of my lower trans case so I can increase it more than kit but typically run a setting equivelent to 0 to 2 pip spacers on the standard trans case.

After watching your car yesterday when Coventry's randomness took it's toll on my run I'd say you car looks good everywhere but it was a little too soft with #65 yellows all round. Try #70 (silver) fronts and #68 (blue) rears as that always seemed to work well most places.

I made some changes to my car again before the final, will send you the details as it made the car MUCH more consistent over the moon scape that is 'killer' Cov'