Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 30-08-2012

That looks awesome. How do I get one and I guess its for orig zx5 not the fs2?

Trader Feedback Link
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156
Old 31-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Be very careful using the 3-racing tower mounts on an FS/FS2 for these reasons;

1) it lifts the tower 1.5mm as it was designed for the older transmission case design of the stick pack cars

2)It puts lots of extra stress on the plastic transmission cases, you will need to use screws long enough to go all the way through the lower trans case to stand a chance (I use 20mm screws with a 1mm plastic washer under the head of the screw .. need to find one with a 6mm OD so it goes inside the turrets on the mount)

3) As there is no flex at all you will go through shock towers like a hot knife through butter!

I always tell everybody to run the longer screws through the trans case and the plastic washers under the heads of them on the plastic mounts (NO NOT OVER TIGHTEN IT STRESSES THE PARTS ... JUST NIP THEM DOWN!!!).
The same advice goes for attaching the tower, just nip the bolts down.
Make sure that you use button head screws on the upper shock mounts and fit them so that the they go

head-shock bush-washer-plain nut-tower-washer-nylock nut .. this also has the added bonus of meaning that the shock position can be changed by just undoing the nylock nut. The reason for this is that this assembly method is much less likely to dig in to the ground during a roll so limits the stress on the tower.

Last bit of advice is always use the latest LA216B (4 hole) tower, it is stronger but also flexes a little more so transfers less stress to the mounts.

I have broken towers / mounts / gearbox cases but only when there has been good reason (normally me trying something that didn't work resulting in a massive deceleration via solid object!!).
Build the Lazer well, with bit of mechanical sympathy and it's as strong as any of the other cars ... LEAVE THE POWER SCREWDRIVER ALONE

Since I've been building the car this way, using the FS / FS2 plastic mounts , I have not had a single failure whilst racing .. that is over two years now! I have broken them in testing / practice when I've been a bit 'adventurous' with some big jumps and run out of talent to land them but that is my fault, not the cars.