Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 07-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Send naza back to quadcopters so they can test, or before tha have a run over to mine and we could run a few tests with radio gear, different naza etc...
Cheers for that buddy - I have e-mailed quadcopters. It really does look like something is fishy with the Naza. I have had to recalibrate it quite a few times. Once is would not fly properly at all after taking off and hovering nicely the day before - nothing had changed. I thought that seemed odd at the time. Also - it fly's ok 'sometimes' then randomly falls to one side and it's down. I've never had it up over a couple of feet as I don't / can't trust it - and I have always flown it over grass otherwise it would be very bad!

As per the video - due to the way it falls, it looks like one arm / area of the Hex looses power as it goes right over. I thought the Naza V2 was supposed to 'try' and stay up if just one motor goes down....

Anyway - i'll see what they say - do you have a spare Naza V2 lying around we could try ?!
Drop me a text and let me know when your free in case I need your help

Doing my head in this is - I seem to be wasting far too much time chasing this problem down

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 08-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Another quick test - I connected the 9XR and Frsky to the KK2 to rule out the radio.
It all works just fine - I set up a new model for the KK2 and it fly's great thrashing it around in the garden.

So - it must either be:

Naza faulty

or

I have set something on the Naza wrong? But it flies ok before it crashes....

In the 9XR I have channels set up as:
1 = THR
2 = AIL
3 = ELE
4 = RUD

I guess that it does not matter which channel is assigned to which control as long as they are plugged into the Naza in the right places - and they were otherwise it would not fly!

I'm 99% certain my Naza is the problem now.

Had no reply today from quadcopters

Old 09-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Andy, if you are at Batley Sunday, you can take my NAZA to try. I'll bring my laptop to go through the settings with you.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Andy, if you are at Batley Sunday, you can take my NAZA to try. I'll bring my laptop to go through the settings with you.
Cheers Neal - that will be great - thank you

I'm going to Batley - so ill bring it with me

Old 24-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

550 is 'almost' finished - going to try the tarot gimbal on it before trying the Zenmuse.

I bought a super cheap lcd screen from banggood and the cheapest Boscam 5.8 setup from hobbyking - I went for the upgraded antenna though. So now I can charge the GoPro whilst it's on the 500 as well as monitor what is sees through the GoPro. I have a video switch too so when I get a small FPV cam I can switch between the 2 in flight

Here it is - minus props. As it's super windy - I can't fly it

Old 24-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice, what's round your gps antenna? I broke my gps antenna case last crash.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Heyup Neal. Merry Christmas

The GPS Thing was from ebay - it's just a 3D printed protector. Not sure how much good it will be in a proper crash - but something is better than nothing.

Old 24-12-2013

top banana!!

All we need to do now is have a meet......
Old 24-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Heyup Neal. Merry Christmas

The GPS Thing was from ebay - it's just a 3D printed protector. Not sure how much good it will be in a proper crash - but something is better than nothing.
And to you Andy (and anyone else reading).

My case broke in the impact, which resulted in the carbon rod snapping, never to be seen again. Instead of the 3m tape/glue to ali mount breaking, it broke the plastic case instead.
Old 29-12-2013

Default un predictable flip

I had same problem with a tri that I was testing. All components were known good, except for an untested control board, and trying to use flashed ESCs on 4s. In the end, after the last crash,, it was determined that there was a bad sensor on the board. No amount of tuning and fiddling would fix it. When all else fails,, replace the control board with a known good one!