Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 07-08-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to xx4-nutter
Default yokomo bx parts !

who else thinks the yokomo parts are deer !

£16 for a front shock tower

dissapointing
Old 07-08-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

maybe get in touch with atomic carbon and see how much it would cost for him to make one

shouldn't this be in the yokomo section, btw?
Old 07-08-2006
Mad Member

hehehehehee good thinking batman

Old 07-08-2006
Administrator

haha, I think I shall move it there.

Yea, I had the BC special before, I liked driving the car but spares were really espensive. 23 pounds for a front (and rear) shock tower - since you could only buy them in pairs.
28 pounds for a shell.

Shame really, but I think Yokomo have always been an expensive brand ?? As far back as their original 4wd buggys I think.

At least I don't think there is too much to break on the BX ? it seems a pretty strong car. Maybe someone will bring out a beefy shock tower for it ?
Old 07-08-2006
Mad Member

ye i fen oooo kin hope soo lol, i thought of mybe buying 2 shock towers and doublin them up to make the shock tower thicker, thus making it stronger, and obviously buying some longer screws for the top of the shocks to fit through, this is one idea lol, or the other is to stick it out and see how it goes, and drains more of my bank balance lol !!!
Old 08-08-2006
Mad Member

I could make a thicker shock tower out of 4mm carbon fibre, but the price would not be much less than the current yok one due to the thicker material, i would guess around £15

If there is interest i will make a batch of 10 off, but i would need a orginal tower from somebody to get all the measurements from, and if any body has photos of broken towers, i can beef up the weak areas.

But i would really need to know how much interest there is for them before i produce any.
Old 09-08-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

The MX4 was quite expensive but i never even broke a wishbone in that thing, was like a tank! that was after a years racing too
Old 10-08-2006
Mad Member

ha ha ha very funny

as we say " $%*^ happens " lol

Last edited by PaulRotheram; 10-08-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 16-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I could make a thicker shock tower out of 4mm carbon fibre, but the price would not be much less than the current yok one due to the thicker material, i would guess around £15

If there is interest i will make a batch of 10 off, but i would need a orginal tower from somebody to get all the measurements from, and if any body has photos of broken towers, i can beef up the weak areas.

But i would really need to know how much interest there is for them before i produce any.
I would bet you would sell 10 easy. Heck, ya can't even get the Yokomo ones most of the time!!!
Cheers,
Nathan
Old 16-09-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan

hi oldtimer,
do you want me to draw one up with all the measurments?i would be intersted in one and may be able to get a few more people and bathy will proberly want one.

ryan
Old 16-09-2006
Mad Member

Ryan, if there is any chance to post one to me, then if there are any errors on the measurements its my fault, only take me a day or two to sort.

What are people after front or rear towers ? what thickness material 3mm / 4mm / 5mm ?. Are there any changes need to the towers, what is different on the towers the team use ?.
Old 17-09-2006

i can send you a standard rear and a modified rear which is used for associated shocks. i only have one front which is on the car. i think 4mm carbon would be ideal. i can post the rears after the f3 4 5's.

ryan
Old 17-09-2006
Mad Member

Ryan, drop me a PM after the F3-4-5's next week and we will get it sorted
Old 18-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
The MX4 was quite expensive but i never even broke a wishbone in that thing, was like a tank! that was after a years racing too
suprised that the shock towers on the BX are breaking, maybe it is really just not top grade carbon, the one on my old MX4 never broke and they took some serious punishment (mainly cos i was really crap) weird thing with people braking stuff on the BC was that the wishbones were exactly the same as on the MX4. hmm. i would imagine that a 4mm set of shock towers from atomic wouldbe all you would need, shouldn't be able to break them.
Old 18-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_stening View Post
suprised that the shock towers on the BX are breaking, maybe it is really just not top grade carbon, the one on my old MX4 never broke and they took some serious punishment (mainly cos i was really crap) weird thing with people braking stuff on the BC was that the wishbones were exactly the same as on the MX4. hmm. i would imagine that a 4mm set of shock towers from atomic wouldbe all you would need, shouldn't be able to break them.
Ummm I'm yet to break one!

That's from me racing at Nationals, I don't think there are any specific ‘problems’ with them at all, I think Ryan is just saying that they are expensive to replace (when they need replacing) hopefully AtomicCarbon will be able to make some available for less.
Old 18-09-2006

i have only broken a front and that was my fault as i came of a straight with a 10x2 it grip rolled and the first thing that hit the floor was the edge of the shock tower. i would of been really suprised if it didnt break!!!

ryan
Old 24-09-2006

Default Ceramic Ball-bearings and diff-balls

Hi Guy's,

does somebody know if there is a ceramic Ball-bearing set around for the bx? and while i renewed the diff's today i figured that the 2,4mm ceramic diff-balls fit into the diffgear but the 2.0 thrustballs i wanted to use were just titanic compared to the original ones. are some ceramic thrustballs around to buy?

greets Marco