Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > DMS Model Car Club - Watford

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013

Default Clarification

Hi all
As I have said all the way through this pile of rubbish that the thread has resulted in.

It was posted in 3 sections not just in DMS
It was not aimed at anybody or at any club

it was to invite constructive criticism to the issues that I posted.

Unfortunately it has turned into an ugly thread using it to insult all and sundry

Please all take note of Gainsy's post he removed my FIRST 2 posts (which were in 'general chat' & 'car chat') DMS being the 3rd.

Many thanks to Gainsy for the clarification !!!

Sam Mughal
Old 05-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Stuart, if I had wanted the thread deleted I could have done so myself, since I am moderator of this section and have the ability to delete threads as I choose (as I did with one yesterday that was not appropriate for our club started by JohnB).

The reason I did not delete this thread is simple, everyone is entitled to an opinion, we live in a country of free speech and if that is Sam's "opinion" he is entitled to it, does not mean I or anyone else has to agree with it. In principle what he said was correct, drivers in the Z final and heat 1 should indeed get treated the same as those in the top heat and the A final, in all respects including marshalling, race etiquette and (if present at all) commentating also (I agree with this 110%). My upset was the fact that despite what Sam is now trying to say, his post WAS aimed at me/our club (he would not have posted it in the DMS Club section at all, less then 30 minutes after our meeting that he and his sons had attended had finished, if, as he is now tying to make us believe it was a general comment about all events/venues. If so, then why post it in the DMS club section at all and not just a general section that covers all other events? Myself and everyone else who has read the thread is FULLY aware of who and what it was aimed at.....

What made it most upsetting was two things, Sam has been a relatively regular racer at our club since he folded his own club several months ago now and he knows better than most what it takes and the effort involved to run a club and the races and also witness's the hard work that I (and a few others) put in to run our club week in week out and as one of our own members, I (and indeed many others form the club who have commented to me or contacted me in person) do not like the way he has dragged our club through the mire with this and shown us all in bad light, believe me when I say I am not the only one from the club who is upset with his comments and actions. Secondly the accusation of not paying attention to the lower finals and commentating on them was actually unjust, I gave all of the lower finals (and heats) as much attention as any of the higher ones all day long without exception (as many peoples posts point out) and now we see this back tracking and claims that none of this was aimed at me when it was blatant that it was.

Furthermore, I have had numerous people from our club contact me telling me that even after he had moaned to them at the venue before leaving that they then had Sam phoning and texting them to side with him and to stand up for him on the forum and all have declined since they (quite rightly so) dont want to get dragged into a bun fight that already shows the club in an unneccasary bad light which it truly does not deserve, with many racers saying what a great day it was and how they and the vast majority of others thouroughly enjoyed it. It seems he has now approached you to post as you have, to clarify the "3 posts" he made which to me is pointless as mentioned above, since one of the three areas he chose to post in was in "our" club section, if it was not aimed at us in any way, then why post in here at all........

I will agree that I dont think even Sam expected this thread to develop as it did with others chiming in with their opinions (some respected and others either pointless or simply to stir things up) but he chose to ignore the advice of someone he called on Sunday evening who told him not to post this and he went ahead regardless, so he has to stand by his actions now.

One thing is certain, the whole Mid South region as a result will get a huge shake up next year and I for one will not be running any regional event on behalf of our club again since the BS caused by this thread and other comments made after giving up 22+ hours solid of my weekend to organise and run it, is simply not worth the hassle, I have more than enough on my plate with wok at present, so that's one venue less to choose from next year.................

If you feel the thread is dead, feel free to close it, but I am not doing so, since I have nothing to hide from with what I have said.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-06-2013
Super Moderator

Closed it is then
Closed Thread