Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2014

With respect guys I don't think £319 for that spec of car is pricey at all. The RB6 was £370 when first released then you would spend another 50 quid on the ally adjustable rear hangers to really help with tunability.

Then let's look at the KF, I think the best price for the kit I've seen is around £255. Then to get the car to team spec (which they all run regardless of low/high grip) you need the low grip conversion which uses shorty packs at another 70 quid plus you may need new batteries if you only have saddles too. Not to mention the alloy gearbox mount you need if you wish to run the shocks on the rear and alloy caster blocks and hubs for strength you are struggling for change from £500!!

Then there are the conversions such as the new Associated 3 gear B5m, XFactory X6S and Rudebits DB2. These cars require donor cars to complete making them a very expensive way to go. The X-Factory for example, if all parts required to build were brand new would stand you at over £600 when completed! That's astronomical!

This Yokomo kit seems to offer all the obvious tuning possibilities in the box and for a fair price imo.

The only designated high grip car that works out cheaper is the Team C TM2v2 at £265 which is a superb car to drive even In medium to low grip conditions and has a similar spec to the Yokomo making it excellent value for money.

Chris